2005 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Love it

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Love it
By mcjones on

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first truck I have ever owned so it is hard for me to compare a non-HEV truck to this one. I have been very impressed with the gas mileage and performance. I am averaging 33 mpg combined driving in the summer and 26 mpg combined driving in the winter. The mechanism that switches from full electric to hybrid when accelerating from a stop is very impressive. It is as seamless as could possibly be expected. I am not a very fast driver but I can report that this vehicle accelerates very slowly compared with previous cars that I have owned. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking to use less gasoline and can afford the extra cost of the hybrid vs. standard Escape.

Electric to hybrid transition mechanism, electric steering, CVT transmission, easily convertible rear seating, large cargo area and fuel efficiency.

Finding products associated with regular maintenance have been very difficult. Only the dealer has these parts. $50 air filter is ridiculous.