Good portability
By mike on
2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought the Escape in 06 to replace my 04 full size Sierra. Hoping to save on gas. Well I do a little bit but not as much as they claimed I would. Being a carpenter I needed something I can pack full of tools. I can do that pretty easliy with the Escape. I love how I can basically eliminate the rear seats altogther to create that flat bed back there. I don't like the cheap plastic bumper that dosn't hold up well to cold weather or minor bumps. At 63,000 miles its is now making a "drive line whine" is what the dealers say it is and it's nothing to worry about. So that's kinda annoying. The gas tank is very annoying as well as I find myself having to hold the pump the entire time.
Favorite Features
The amount of sapce you get in the rear. It's nice that I can park it anywhere without a problem cause it's so small and the backup sensor is actually pretty nice to give you a warning how close you are. The stereo is the best factory one Ive had.
Suggested Improvements
Heavier duty bumper. A bumper is supposed to be so if you bump something the bumper takes the blow not when you bump something your looking at 2,000 dollars damage. Compass and temprature gauge would be cool. Bigger or easier to fill gas tank.