Ford Escape purchased brand new
By kyleservice on
2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
We picked up this Ford Escape new in 2005. So far in 2012, it has about 72,000 miles on it, with absolutely zero problems so far. (Well, I did have to replace the battery this spring.) This SUV still has the same tires, same brakes, same exhaust system. I've looked at the front and rear brakes, they look like they'll go many more miles before needing replacement. We might have to replace the tires this fall, this is Wisconsin, and we do have snow around here.
Favorite Features
Complete reliability, good handling, handles the snow with few problems. The rear seats fold down flat, and the back seat backrest cushions can easily be removed for a little extra space. It gets about 22.5 MPH in mixed city/highway, and around 25 on highway only while holding about 70 MPH.
Suggested Improvements
The original tires can be noisy on the highway. That's about all I can think of. Could use a little more cargo space, but then it would not be a Ford Escape.
By lorastorm
on 07/20/12 17:15 PM (PDT)

Do you mind me asking what it cost to replace the battery? I've been trying to research it, but coming up short. Thanks!