2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
great Escape
By marosavage on 08/27/06 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Fun suv great mileage and reliable transportation.

Road noise only issue
By YoYo on 08/15/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

After 2 years of use and 45000 miles, mostly highway, my only complaint is the deafening interior noise is.

Love it but room for a few improvements!
By Mary B. on 08/10/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive! My first SUV purchase after doing a lot of searching. I've not had a chance to try it out in snow yet, but like the AWD feature, one of the selling points. I prefer the exterior 'lines' of the Limited as opposed to the XLT or XLS. I don't care for that black/grey molding around those models. I think it detracts from the overall look of the Escape.

Decent SUV
By renogirl on 07/29/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought brand new....had in shop in first month, A/C had no coolant in it (factory error). At one year, serpentine belt broke, lost all power. One month later, CDs jammed in CD player and had to ship off stereo to be fixed. Took an entire month to get my CDs back from dealer. LOVE the Escape minus this problems. More irritated with dealer. Could improve gas mileage. Love the safety of side airbags.

Ford Escape
By Mac110m on 07/04/06 05:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Drives very nice .Good on long trips. Smart 4 wheel drive system works really good. Just love the whole SUV!

Excellent value, pleasant surprise
By Bridget on 06/26/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this vehicle about two years ago, very skeptical of Ford's build quality (coming off of a Subaru lease and before that a VW lease... both of which were plagued with crazy never ending mechanical and fit/finish problems). However, I was interested in going into a small SUV and this one seemed to be getting good reviews and I was able to get the upgrades I was interested in without paying through the nose. Now, two years later, I have to say my opinion of Ford vehicles has totally changed. This has been the most trouble-free vehicle I've owned in years, and it still looks nearly new inside. Mechanically, it's been flawless. And it's also been kind of fun (surprisingly) to drive.

Cheap new car
By Cindy on 06/22/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Initially, I really liked my 05 Escape. 20,000 miles later, I cant wait to get rid of it. There are lots of noises a car only a year old shouldn't make. The steering wheel and brake pedal whistle, the windows rattle, gas tank has air in it, making it next to impossible to get a full tank of gas. The drivers side window makes a screeching noise when you roll it down. Gas mileage is terrible! I like the size and style just fine. It is cheaply made. Noisy. I drove a 15 year old Honda that was not as noisy as this new car. I owe more than the car is worth at the moment, so I am stuck with it or face losing thousands. No more Fords for me.

Terrific small SUV
By David McDonald on 05/15/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

First time purchase of an SUV. Fun to drive and relatively cheap to operate. Highly recommend.

WELL PLEASED
By D LITTLE on 05/10/06 23:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my vehicle. My only complaint - some areas of craftsmanship appear rushed around doors and carpet areas. Also my shocks have small leak at only 22,000 miles.

WHAT A GREAT LITTLE SUV
By JOE BELVEDERE on 04/19/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Got rid of our Windstar minivan which had terrible (13-14) mpg. With the Escape's strong (and pretty quiet) 4 cylinder, we are getting 19 city and over 25 highway, and that's with the full time awd! Great ride, peppy performance, superior braking, solid handling. A real winner!