2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Not bad for a FORD
By goodnewsauto.com on 03/10/07 07:36 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am a dealer and bought this car to get me to North Dakota from Missouri. Drives very nice. Very peppy. I am not a Ford guy, but this is not a bad little SUV. Mine has 95000K on it and seems to still be very tight. I have not had any problems with it so far. It is for sale though - only because I need money!

Great little SUV
By me on 02/22/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Escape AWD for a year and a half now, and I have been impressed with the vehicle. It is fun to drive, and the interior is roomy enough for my family of four. I have a little over 50,000 miles on it, and I haven't had to replace or repair anything. It handles great on the icy Idaho roads in the winter, and my wife feels safe driving it. That being said, gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I only average 17mpg with the Escape, while I average 14mpg with my much larger Duramax truck. The fuel tank is also too small.

XLT Sport 3.0L AWD
By vbcwizard on 01/24/07 08:29 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I had my ‘05 Escape Sport since Nov ‘04. It is very similar to the ’07 . I put 26K miles on it so far. Aside from changing the sway bar link kit (which is a wear item) it is a great little SUV. I had several high speed avoidance maneuvers and it performed like a champ! If I am easy on the gas pedal at acceleration from 0mph I do see 17 to 19 mpg city/highway. That is considered very good around where I live because of the high number of cars and stop lights on my local streets. No rattles\noises so far (btw, every car need to have its seals, hinges, and bushings sprayed with silicone at least once a year). No engine\transmission issues so far. Fit and finish is great!

Great Vehicle!
By anfmichael82 on 12/30/06 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I leased the 05 Ford Escape in April of 04. I absolutely love this truck! I have had no problems with it, and have been very satisfied. This is a very reliable vehicle. The only things that I didn't care for was that it needed better gas mileage, and when on uneven ground the interior started to sound like cheap plastic. Overall I would definitely lease this car again.

Our Ford Escape Hybrid
By McCollums on 09/23/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is just fun to ride in, drive... we like knowing it is helping the environment... and our wallets. Please keep making them Ford! We also got a Kermit sticker for it, and people love them and remember the commercials.

great Escape
By marosavage on 08/27/06 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Fun suv great mileage and reliable transportation.

Road noise only issue
By YoYo on 08/15/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

After 2 years of use and 45000 miles, mostly highway, my only complaint is the deafening interior noise is.

Love it but room for a few improvements!
By Mary B. on 08/10/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive! My first SUV purchase after doing a lot of searching. I've not had a chance to try it out in snow yet, but like the AWD feature, one of the selling points. I prefer the exterior 'lines' of the Limited as opposed to the XLT or XLS. I don't care for that black/grey molding around those models. I think it detracts from the overall look of the Escape.

Decent SUV
By renogirl on 07/29/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought brand new....had in shop in first month, A/C had no coolant in it (factory error). At one year, serpentine belt broke, lost all power. One month later, CDs jammed in CD player and had to ship off stereo to be fixed. Took an entire month to get my CDs back from dealer. LOVE the Escape minus this problems. More irritated with dealer. Could improve gas mileage. Love the safety of side airbags.

Ford Escape
By Mac110m on 07/04/06 05:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Drives very nice .Good on long trips. Smart 4 wheel drive system works really good. Just love the whole SUV!