2005 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Love this vehicle
By Ken Collier on 01/05/05 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this vehicle. The gas mileage, the look of the vehicle, the fold down rear seats and the quiet sound when the vehicle is in motion are some of my favorite things.

My Hybrid
By Halle on 01/01/05 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid looks great, is comfortable to drive and gets great gas mileage compared to my last suv. I wish the fit and finish were a little better. Quality of materials on the inside is on the cheap side but still looks ok. Ford skimped on things like lighted vanity mirrors, auto door locks and more convenient audio controls. Apparently the Escape has a few common defects which are disappointing that Ford continues to ship them without resolving the problems (seat belt sensors and air bag module). My new car sat at the dealer for 6 days during my first month waiting for a part. Now it is happening again. Also a problem with brake rotors.

Escape Hybrid
By John on 12/31/04 17:45 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is super fun to drive. The challenge of keeping the gas engine off and the eectric motor doing the work is a ball. It isn't great mileagewise going up mountains or at high (70+) speed so if you are going to use it like that expect 20% less than the quoted mileage. I've been averaging 31- 32 mpg per tank, except for my mountain and high speed trip.

It's great!
By Sailor on 12/18/04 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I special ordered it the first day possible. It is a wonderful vehicle. The acceleration is very good (I haven't yet gotten to the pedal to the floor going "go, go!" )in every instance. The higher visibility is what led me to it. FInally, an SUV that I can justify on ecological basis. It rivals my Ford Escort in mileage

Escape Hybrid
By Ellahsue on 11/29/04 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had it a week and am loving it. The pickup is better than you would expect for a hybrid. Although not loaded with bells and whistles, it has enough. Nice ride. Got 32 mpg on my first tank of gas.

700 miles, so far so good
By Stevewa on 11/29/04 00:49 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this vehicle just over a week ago and so far am very satisfied. Mileage is near double the 2000 Volvo V70XC it replaced. My other vehicle is a 2002 Toyota Prius and the Escape Hybrid feels very comfortably familiar.

A Hybrid Driver
By uniongodess on 11/17/04 23:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape is great, very fun to drive. It handles very well, the suv is the perfect size for daily tasks and for long trips too. The 32mph average is great.

Electric Escapism
By dw438 on 11/10/04 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Hybrid AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So far, so good. After taking test drives at autoshows and with dealers, and really needing a replacement this years for my '01 Escape, I took the plunge with an all-wheel-drive Hybrid. Smooth city driving, with enough pep to take on the interstates with ease. Has speed like a six-cylinder. Its new CVT transmission is as smooth as silk! And it's quieter than previous Escapes. Still can't get over the no engine noise feeling at a stop light, or in bumper-to-bumper city traffic!