2005 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Not bad but needs improvements
By Nolan on 01/12/08 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 05 XLT AWD 3.0L with 25000 miles on it and its been very good on road and off road whether its snow or mud. I've read alot of complaints about noise level of tires, I can't say I agree I find it very quiet with the OEM tires on it. I installed a K&N air filter which gave me on average a noticeable increase on fuel mileage per tank.

Ford Escape
By Heather on 11/24/07 04:43 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love the size, look, gas mileage! However road noise is an issue. If it were not for that I would give it a perfect score. If Ford could decrease road noise this would compete with Honda CRV,and Toyota Rav 4 hands down. I looked at those too, but chose the Ford because of the economical price. However the road noise can be annoying. My husband is thinking about pulling up the carpet and putting down a noise pad to see if it helps. So, maybe ford could try that! I love the look and gas mileage and have had zero mechanincal issues and it has 80K miles on it now. I love the fact that there is no tire on the back..that is why I nixed the CRV and Rav 4.

Not happy
By highlander on 11/20/07 06:47 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2004. No major problems for the first 40k miles other than the "fragile" paint. It is covered with pain chips that form rust almost immediately. Next I had brake problems that were repaired free due to a service bulletin on the rotors. The spare tire release rusted out and was replaced. The seat cloth is easy to stain/hard to clean. Headlight has developed condensation problem - will be replaced shortly. The engine is now drinking antifreeze. Can't find any leaking so it must be a more severe problem. Driver side door seal torn apart due to a poorly placed screw in the door trim. Overall I'm not happy with my Ford Escape and will not be a repeat customer.

I Love my Escape!
By Smurfette on 09/26/07 22:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Escape! I am really happy that I bought it, especially as a college student traveling back and forth between campus and home. In fact, I was almost able to pack my brother's entire dorm room in my car. The car is very nice looking, it handles well, has plenty of power under the hood, and is easy to control. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Likable SUV
By Good SUV on 09/20/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've never really been a Ford advocate, but I think they got it right with this vehicle. This thing does great loaded for 4 full size adults in the Rocky Mtns. As a matter of fact, it runs better in the mountains than my Mitsu Galant GTZ sports sedan. The vehicle clearance and stock tires are great for offroad. I've had this vehicle offroad several times with no issues, and the AWD works great in the deep mud and rocky trails. The Mach Stereo is surprisingly good. Overall, I would recommend this car to a friend or family member.

Best Fit
By olcrank on 08/31/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle does all we want it to. Also have a 4WD 2003 Escape w/no problems. These vehicles are the most practicle,easy-to-drive,comfortable on the road. I drove all kinds of SUV's and pickups over a 35 year career as a mine inspector in the central Mt's. of PA (the last being a 2001 Escape). 45,000 miles of mud,dust,water and with regular maintenance no problems.Sure,it wouldn't go some of the places a Jeep could( didn't have the ground clearance)but I was impressed enough to replace two personal cars- a Durango and a Cherokee with the Escapes and have never been sorry.

Awsome SUV
By nelson on 08/26/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It has been very good SUV so far. I put a KN air filter and it runs better with it. NO major work so far, only oil changes and a fuel filter. Tires are loud. I would rather put Goodyear tires when the stock ones need replacing. I get about 19mpg around town and 24mpg highway.

Ride to Escape
By winnie on 07/03/07 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle in all respects. The only complaint is the tires. Highway noise is bothersome at any speed. After two long trips we changed to Michelin and solved the noise problem.

2005 XLT FWD V6
By mec1974 on 05/15/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I first saw the Escape in 2000 when they first came out and was amazed with how peppy they are. Bought a used '05 with 18K miles. The dealer had several 'Limited' editions on the lot with better options but I opted for one with the No Boundaries package with cloth. I like the more aggressive look of the roof rack and the black fender flares. It does drive somewhat like a truck, but I like that. You sit a little higher in traffic, which I like, and makes me feel safer. I did not want the AWD because my wife had an AWD SUV and the gas mileage was horrible. Plus, here in Texas 4x4 and AWD really are not necessary.

Let the fun times roll!
By jdsh2 on 04/19/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Escape. I have a black XLT Sport package. It has great pickup, it's roomy, and it's sporty and stylish. I agonized over buying this vehicle and I am so incredibly happy I did. I looked at the Mazda Tribute and even though they are made on similar lines, the Escape is peppier, has better dash setup, etc. I could go on and on. I have 5 friends that have them and they all love them too! That speaks volumes to me.