2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Awsome SUV
By nelson on 08/26/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It has been very good SUV so far. I put a KN air filter and it runs better with it. NO major work so far, only oil changes and a fuel filter. Tires are loud. I would rather put Goodyear tires when the stock ones need replacing. I get about 19mpg around town and 24mpg highway.

Ride to Escape
By winnie on 07/03/07 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle in all respects. The only complaint is the tires. Highway noise is bothersome at any speed. After two long trips we changed to Michelin and solved the noise problem.

2005 XLT FWD V6
By mec1974 on 05/15/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I first saw the Escape in 2000 when they first came out and was amazed with how peppy they are. Bought a used '05 with 18K miles. The dealer had several 'Limited' editions on the lot with better options but I opted for one with the No Boundaries package with cloth. I like the more aggressive look of the roof rack and the black fender flares. It does drive somewhat like a truck, but I like that. You sit a little higher in traffic, which I like, and makes me feel safer. I did not want the AWD because my wife had an AWD SUV and the gas mileage was horrible. Plus, here in Texas 4x4 and AWD really are not necessary.

Let the fun times roll!
By jdsh2 on 04/19/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Escape. I have a black XLT Sport package. It has great pickup, it's roomy, and it's sporty and stylish. I agonized over buying this vehicle and I am so incredibly happy I did. I looked at the Mazda Tribute and even though they are made on similar lines, the Escape is peppier, has better dash setup, etc. I could go on and on. I have 5 friends that have them and they all love them too! That speaks volumes to me.

Love it!
By JHTKGT on 04/11/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When we got this car, I was worried that it felt to much like a truck, rather than a car. This actually wasn't an issue, since I got used to the new feel very fast (we had never owned an SUV before). It's very easy to handle and very comfortable. I love the leather seats, tinted windows and roof rack. It is perfect for us, since we travel a lot. I actually only have one major complaint: The gas tank. This one really irritates me! Every single time I try to fill it up, the nozzle clicks off, as if it's full (when it's completely empty). My husband said it's the gas fumes in the tank, but even when I let the fumes air out before pumping, it happens every time I squeeze the nozzle handle!

Not bad for a FORD
By goodnewsauto.com on 03/10/07 07:36 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am a dealer and bought this car to get me to North Dakota from Missouri. Drives very nice. Very peppy. I am not a Ford guy, but this is not a bad little SUV. Mine has 95000K on it and seems to still be very tight. I have not had any problems with it so far. It is for sale though - only because I need money!

Great little SUV
By me on 02/22/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Escape AWD for a year and a half now, and I have been impressed with the vehicle. It is fun to drive, and the interior is roomy enough for my family of four. I have a little over 50,000 miles on it, and I haven't had to replace or repair anything. It handles great on the icy Idaho roads in the winter, and my wife feels safe driving it. That being said, gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I only average 17mpg with the Escape, while I average 14mpg with my much larger Duramax truck. The fuel tank is also too small.

XLT Sport 3.0L AWD
By vbcwizard on 01/24/07 08:29 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I had my ‘05 Escape Sport since Nov ‘04. It is very similar to the ’07 . I put 26K miles on it so far. Aside from changing the sway bar link kit (which is a wear item) it is a great little SUV. I had several high speed avoidance maneuvers and it performed like a champ! If I am easy on the gas pedal at acceleration from 0mph I do see 17 to 19 mpg city/highway. That is considered very good around where I live because of the high number of cars and stop lights on my local streets. No rattles\noises so far (btw, every car need to have its seals, hinges, and bushings sprayed with silicone at least once a year). No engine\transmission issues so far. Fit and finish is great!

Great Vehicle!
By anfmichael82 on 12/30/06 07:03 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I leased the 05 Ford Escape in April of 04. I absolutely love this truck! I have had no problems with it, and have been very satisfied. This is a very reliable vehicle. The only things that I didn't care for was that it needed better gas mileage, and when on uneven ground the interior started to sound like cheap plastic. Overall I would definitely lease this car again.

Our Ford Escape Hybrid
By McCollums on 09/23/06 19:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is just fun to ride in, drive... we like knowing it is helping the environment... and our wallets. Please keep making them Ford! We also got a Kermit sticker for it, and people love them and remember the commercials.