Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 334 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

The Ford Escape
By THOMAS M. KING

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Escape. I owned a 2001 model and put a bunch of miles on it in a year. Traded for a Mercury Sable, and then traded it for a 2005 Limited Escape. Love the vehicle and recently drove a Jeep Liberty my wife had rented for her job. The Escape in my opinion is the better vehicle. Better ride and comfort.

Heated seats, auto lights and sun roof. Back seats lay down very easy for hauling. Sound system is sharp.

Can not see the cruise controls at night and there are no auto door locks.

Better than an Lincoln
By Larry

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 500 replaces the lease I had on a 2002 Lincoln Town Car. The 500 has more trunk space, is a all wheel drive and a lot smoother transmission and power. I only have a little over 600 miles on the car but find the seating to be excellent. I also have the safety package on the car, what more do you need.

The Continuously Variable Transmission.

Can't read the inside and outside temperature at the same time.

2005 Escape - A must have SUV
By Traci Muchowski

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven Ford cars my entire life. This is my first SUV. I will probably never go back to driving a car. I absolutely love this vehicle. We live in the Cleveland area and have seen hundreds of these vehicles on the road. It appears to be a very popular here. I would recommmend this vehicle in a heartbeat!

The only problem we have encountered with our 2005 Escape Limited is with the Upgraded Mach Stereo sound system. A vibration from the pod speakers in the front doors were vibrating from time to time. New speakers did not resolve problem. Door panels were removed and tape installed to insulate!

Love it/hate it
By april

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV but i HATE the way that i must fill the gas tank up every 3-4 days due to the small gas tank and the AWD 6 cylinder. It seems that every time I drive it, I must stop at the gas station. I also find blind spots in changing lanes and backing up but hope in time I will get used to it! I am also disappointed in the placement of the speakers in this vehicle. Sound is not that great.

Sun roof and comfortable seating.

LARGER GAS TANK! Maybe not make it AWD all the time because you really only need 4 wheel drive a few times a year where i live. Also could change the way you have to remove the back head rests to lay seats flat.

U.S. Power
By Rob K.

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my '05 XLT AWD V6 Escape for almost a year now, and I love it. It has excellent pickup, and I have driven the CR-V,Santa Fe, and the RAV4, and despite what some publications say, it is every bit as quiet as the others. As for performance and road feel, it simply blows the others off the road. The CR-V and the Santa Fe had sloppy handling, and the RAV4 was a little slow. As for interior quality, the CR-V and Santa Fe were way below. The Escape is a perfect combination of power, quality and practicality. The rest of the world just follows the leader!

Handiling, power, safety features, interior quality and styling.

Ventilation control could be better and sometimes has annoying driver and front passenger window noise in high cross winds.