Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Better than an Lincoln
By Larry

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 500 replaces the lease I had on a 2002 Lincoln Town Car. The 500 has more trunk space, is a all wheel drive and a lot smoother transmission and power. I only have a little over 600 miles on the car but find the seating to be excellent. I also have the safety package on the car, what more do you need.

Favorite Features

The Continuously Variable Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Can't read the inside and outside temperature at the same time.

2005 Escape - A must have SUV
By Traci Muchowski

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven Ford cars my entire life. This is my first SUV. I will probably never go back to driving a car. I absolutely love this vehicle. We live in the Cleveland area and have seen hundreds of these vehicles on the road. It appears to be a very popular here. I would recommmend this vehicle in a heartbeat!

Suggested Improvements

The only problem we have encountered with our 2005 Escape Limited is with the Upgraded Mach Stereo sound system. A vibration from the pod speakers in the front doors were vibrating from time to time. New speakers did not resolve problem. Door panels were removed and tape installed to insulate!

Love it/hate it
By april

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV but i HATE the way that i must fill the gas tank up every 3-4 days due to the small gas tank and the AWD 6 cylinder. It seems that every time I drive it, I must stop at the gas station. I also find blind spots in changing lanes and backing up but hope in time I will get used to it! I am also disappointed in the placement of the speakers in this vehicle. Sound is not that great.

Favorite Features

Sun roof and comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

LARGER GAS TANK! Maybe not make it AWD all the time because you really only need 4 wheel drive a few times a year where i live. Also could change the way you have to remove the back head rests to lay seats flat.

U.S. Power
By Rob K.

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my '05 XLT AWD V6 Escape for almost a year now, and I love it. It has excellent pickup, and I have driven the CR-V,Santa Fe, and the RAV4, and despite what some publications say, it is every bit as quiet as the others. As for performance and road feel, it simply blows the others off the road. The CR-V and the Santa Fe had sloppy handling, and the RAV4 was a little slow. As for interior quality, the CR-V and Santa Fe were way below. The Escape is a perfect combination of power, quality and practicality. The rest of the world just follows the leader!

Favorite Features

Handiling, power, safety features, interior quality and styling.

Suggested Improvements

Ventilation control could be better and sometimes has annoying driver and front passenger window noise in high cross winds.

Exceeds Expectations
By Tom

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just what I was looking for. Replaced my 1986 Bronco II (255 K miles) with it. Hope it does as well.

Favorite Features

Firm but smooth ride. Plenty of power with the V6. Driver visibility excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box light. Under hood light. Sun shade blue strip at top of windshield.