2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
FUN FUN FUN
By Rod Barajas on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new 2005 Ford Escape...The front is cool looking and the interior is so fresh with the new floor shifter...I could not resist...I in the past thought the Escape was ugly...But for did a good job in redesigning this vehicle...I love the smart 4x4...It was a very good car to buy!

Awesome performance, great price
By djrobsd on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my escape. As a former Mustang GT Convertable owner, I didn't think the Escape would live up to my expectations. However, I recently took up skiing and got a dog, so the Mustang didn't meet my needs any more. I miss it, but I love my little Escape. When you step on the accelerator, it MOVES! And it passes with ease. The transmission shifts smoothly and responsively. I think it goes 0-60 in 8 seconds flat which is NOT BAD for an SUV! Cargo room is plentiful and the Escape is a solid and reliable vehicle for the money. So far after 13,000 miles, the car has been reliable with no defects or problems.

Overallest Small SUV
By kenstar23 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a number of small SUV's in this class, and recently drove a Jeep Liberty for a week on a vacation. The Ford is more refined than the Jeep and makes better use of interior space. The Jeeps engine was slightly underpowered as is the Escape's...a bit more HP would help both. I was disappointed with the Jeep's mileage, only a bit more than 20 MPG. These were the two highest on my list for consideration. I chose the Escape. I've owned two Ford trucks previously and have had no reliability issues, actually no problems whatsoever.

Had an Infiniti QX4 before
By pierceevan on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The fit and finish of the interior of the 2005 Escape Limited impressed me the most. The automatic transmission shifter has been moved from the steering column to the center floor console which I prefer. The leather interior is rich looking. The MPG ratings improved this year and performance is excellent.

My Escape is Awesome
By vietnam71 on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, comfortable for my 6'2" frame. Very little engine or road noise. The V6 has the power you need to get up and go when needed. I test drove the CRV and Liberty and they don't hold a candle to the Escape.

Great SUV for the money
By ddelpo on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is ideal for handleing and function. I am getting older and find this a great vehicle to get around in. This is my 6th Ford Vehicle, just love them. Ford Stands by their products.

Ford Escape - Skip this one
By gomar on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Ford Escape is the least reliable new car we've ever owned (we've bought plenty new). It has been back at the dealer at least once a month on average since we bought it. It is been repaired more often than my old Subaru. Not all of it is Ford's fault - it started with the Firestone tire fiasco. There have been no life threatening failures, but the car has continuous problems.

Initial Impressions
By Bulwark102 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a fully loaded 2005 Escape Limited 4x4. The early 2005 was purchased $350 over invoice. My first impression is this is a solid and good looking vehicle. The engine is powerful and responsiveness is acceptable, but I found other vehicles I test drove (such as the Honda CR-V) were a bit more agile. The engine is loud at higher RPMs and the automatic transmission feels sluggish as it searches and engages the next gear. I feel very comfortable with the interior styling, indicators and controls. I will follow-up after my first 10K miles.

Affordable performance and room
By John Engelmann on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect size for single person or couple with two or less children. A lot of space for the price. Handles well and has sufficient power for the smooth shifting 5 speed manual transmission under the power of the 4 cyl engine. The 4 cyl engine in that vast engine compartment puts everything in easy accessible reach. All controls are straight-forward and well-located. Great fuel economy for a vehicle of that size. This car was enough to get me to reconsider my 14 years straight of VW purchases.

Best for your money
By gaa9021 on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With all the extra features and comfort package it feels like I'm driving a luxury vehicle without the heavy ticket sale. I highly recommend it for young buyers and those with economic sense.