2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great Redesign
By JohnnieG on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Escape handles great and is fun to drive. On the open road it handles better than some of the larger SUV's. The 4 wheel disc brakes makes stopping very easy. The sound system sounds very rich, very little road/engine noise. I was looking into the new 2005 Equinox but this SUV has much more to offer.

Escape
By rickc on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The escape is the first AWD vehicle that I've owned even with living in the snowbelt. Iam thoroughly pleased with it. It was the most responsive of the small SUVs I drove. It also felt to be the most roomy and I'm 6ft2 and 225lbs. I don't feel cramped at all.

2005 FORD ESCAPE
By kd890 on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like everything on my new escape, the thing i most Like is the interior design, easy to drive and so soft.

FUN FUN FUN
By Rod Barajas on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new 2005 Ford Escape...The front is cool looking and the interior is so fresh with the new floor shifter...I could not resist...I in the past thought the Escape was ugly...But for did a good job in redesigning this vehicle...I love the smart 4x4...It was a very good car to buy!

Awesome performance, great price
By djrobsd on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my escape. As a former Mustang GT Convertable owner, I didn't think the Escape would live up to my expectations. However, I recently took up skiing and got a dog, so the Mustang didn't meet my needs any more. I miss it, but I love my little Escape. When you step on the accelerator, it MOVES! And it passes with ease. The transmission shifts smoothly and responsively. I think it goes 0-60 in 8 seconds flat which is NOT BAD for an SUV! Cargo room is plentiful and the Escape is a solid and reliable vehicle for the money. So far after 13,000 miles, the car has been reliable with no defects or problems.

Overallest Small SUV
By kenstar23 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a number of small SUV's in this class, and recently drove a Jeep Liberty for a week on a vacation. The Ford is more refined than the Jeep and makes better use of interior space. The Jeeps engine was slightly underpowered as is the Escape's...a bit more HP would help both. I was disappointed with the Jeep's mileage, only a bit more than 20 MPG. These were the two highest on my list for consideration. I chose the Escape. I've owned two Ford trucks previously and have had no reliability issues, actually no problems whatsoever.

Had an Infiniti QX4 before
By pierceevan on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The fit and finish of the interior of the 2005 Escape Limited impressed me the most. The automatic transmission shifter has been moved from the steering column to the center floor console which I prefer. The leather interior is rich looking. The MPG ratings improved this year and performance is excellent.

My Escape is Awesome
By vietnam71 on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, comfortable for my 6'2" frame. Very little engine or road noise. The V6 has the power you need to get up and go when needed. I test drove the CRV and Liberty and they don't hold a candle to the Escape.

Great SUV for the money
By ddelpo on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is ideal for handleing and function. I am getting older and find this a great vehicle to get around in. This is my 6th Ford Vehicle, just love them. Ford Stands by their products.

Ford Escape - Skip this one
By gomar on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Ford Escape is the least reliable new car we've ever owned (we've bought plenty new). It has been back at the dealer at least once a month on average since we bought it. It is been repaired more often than my old Subaru. Not all of it is Ford's fault - it started with the Firestone tire fiasco. There have been no life threatening failures, but the car has continuous problems.