Used 2005 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 392 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Love escaping in my new Escape!
By Rose

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the incredibly roomy design with the great fuel economy I get with this car! Its big like an SUV and roomy in the front and back with lots of perks but still gets the great mileage of an economy car.

My Escape is a 5 speed and she really has a lot of get up and go. I also love all of the interior room. Three adults can sit comfortably in the back.

I would only suggest putting cruise control in the 5 speed.

My Escape
By rljl

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Lives up to all its promises.

AWD worked great this winter. I felt very confident driving in the snow.

Needs better gas mpg.

Great lil SUV
By purplewool

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Escape. I get better milage than sticker promised. I love driving it. I am in it much of the day and find it comfortable.

I have all the features I wanted and great mileage, too.

The fabric used for the seats is a magnet for lint and hair. Since I have long hair, and transport my dogs a lot, I am constantly brushing the seats.

Finally - a non-hog SUV
By Ted Olsen

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford scores high in my books for having produced a really driveable small SUV that isn't guzzling gas but performs above expectations. I haven't had a moments regret. Everything about my Ford Escape is fun - plenty of power, enough room, sweet design, easy handling, great road holding. I'm a happy camper, so to speak.

Ford Escape Hybrid is a Plus
By Barry

2005 Ford Escape Hybrid Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the Ford Escape Hybrid one month ago and the mpg has been about what Ford said it would be. 33 on the highway and about 37 mpg in the city. It handles well and is a pleasure to drive. As gas prices continue to soar, my decision to purchase the Hybrid looks better and better!

The electric and gas motors are very efficient and quiet. The navigation system is very convenient. The interior is very comfortable.

Ford should add a built-in garage door opener on the visor and lights in the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. The Mach Audio sound system is adequate but should be better. The navigation system should run on 1 DVD instead of 10 CD's and should be a touch screen system.