2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Awesome
By mauijewels on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my new ford escape. I tested the jeep liberty, and the Xtera,the escape definately drives alot better. smooth ride. The All wheel drive (4 x 4) works really good too. It is a very comfortable car. We have a new baby, and I feel very safe in this vehicle. I would have really liked to wait for the hybrid, but I needed a new car for the summer.

Fix or repair daily
By Douglas Johnson on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been nothing but a nightmare. All kinds of problems. The engine is weak and it sounds like a hollow tin can.

Nice Little Ride
By Mustang Dude on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a fun SUV. It can hold lots of cargo as well as people. The motor is very peppy and seems to want to go with little effort. I love the new headlights on the 2005 as well as the new center floor shifter.

Fun in Wheels
By rvkolako on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for a short time, but I love it! It has great room inside, compared to other suv's in its class. The ride is awsome, and its a quiet car. THE V-6 engine is responsive. I've previously owned toyotas, so I was surprised that the interior quality is every bit as good as japanes cars. The escape handles very well and you always feel in control. Anyone who's looking for a small suv , would be silly not to check out this american gem!

Enjoyable driving!!
By Robert Feaster on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Keep up the great quality that you put into your new units. The best thing you can do is to test drive a new Escape and enjoy all the great features the SUV has!

Mike's Review
By MJS585 on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was pleasantly surprised by the new 2005 Escape...it has good pickup and a newly revised, high quality interior. I would definitely recommend it to those in the market for a compact SUV.

Very Nice
By almarin on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is a very nice looking vehicle and drives very comfortable. The interior is comfortable and is user friendly. I also like the intelligent 4WD system.

2005 escape xlt awd
By appleone on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had a 2002 escape xlt fwd loved it. 46,000 miles puton it with no problems traded in for 2005 escape xlt awd. 2005 feels mor solid. This vehichle is a great value for the buck.

Former SUV hater loves his Escape
By MichiganBuckeye on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been looking at purchasing this vehicle for a few years, and did a lot of a research. Great vehicle - my first NEW vehicle. I don't think I will ever want to drive a car again.

Poor paint finish
By Ford Junk on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The dealer ship was great ! But this will be my last Ford My wife picked up our 2005 Escape she did not notice the paint on the hood had a mark by both windshield squirters looked like water marks. They do not come off ! look its a new car and already has to have body work. You can leave the key in and no alarm (makes it easy to lock your keys in the ESCAPE) doors do not lock when you put it in drive this is a safty issue if you have small children.