2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
A great compact SUV
By LILG410 on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is the perfect size-- compact enough for the petite driver yet roomy enough for the average male.

edwin
By edwin166 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Worst every buck.

2005 - A True Winner
By Jensterd on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a life-long GM owner. I recently took a chance and bought the 2005 Ford Escape. It is by far the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned! The only drawback is the fuel economy - around 14/15 mph. The 2005 Ford Escape - a true Winner!!

This is my second one!
By EscapeeInMI on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving an Escape since 2001 and love them! They are quiet, comfortable and quite fuel efficient. The changes to the interior in the 2005 models are great - the storage compartment and gear selector on the floor should have been there all along. I can carry all the things necessary for a family vacation since the cargo area is nicely sized. But it still looks like a grown up car when it is date night on Saturday. I feel safe in the car and never worry when one of the kids borrow it

Great vehicle
By J D on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Read Edmunds.com reviews prior to purchase and previous comments were on target in regard to benefits and limitations. My choice was between the full size Explorer and the Escape. Feel I got a better value (considering my needs and affordability)buying the XLT Excape versus an XLS Explorer. Lots of zip with the V-6, feels sporty and more car-like. Console shifter a plus. Love the cargo space and the fact that the rear seats fold flat. It fits my two needs-- haul a few passengers comfortably or haul some gear efficiently. Looking forward to driving this vehicle on an upcoming road vacation.

2005 AWD ESCAPE LIMITED - AWESOME !!!!
By SIDENISE on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just luv my new Escape. This is the first SUV I've owned cuz the others really did not appeal to me. I receive alot of compliments on my Escape. Everyone seem sto luv the Metallic Gold Ash exterior color. The Mach sound system is one of many of my favorite features.

2005 Escape
By Buyamerican on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no complaints at all. It has reasonable acceleration, but I always prefer more. 85% US parts beats the foreign junk competition and supports our US companies and workers. Drives like a car, not a UPS truck like the ugly CRV. Plenty of room on the inside for taller people and the interior is significantly nicer than the '04. Plenty of cargo room, especially with the seats folded down. Gas milage hovers around 19 for city driving.

2005 Ford Escape Limited with 20
By davidjsmith on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This 2005 Ford Escape Limited is the first SUV Ive Bought. I dont think you could find an SUV that is this quiet. There is no tire or wind noise. Interior is awsome, with premium leather seats, heated of coarse.Lots of pep with the 3.0 V6, and the gauges and controls are very nice.

Great vehicle
By JimJimmy on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It's looks are so much better than the extreme looks of the competition. It's just an all around great suv for the price.

Hot little car!
By Tina Ver on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I 've only had the car for a month but I love it....it handles great and has lots of get-up-and-go. (Great V6 engine) I like the optional ways you can put in cargo...via door or window. The controls are all within easy reach...which was a problem for me before now. You can adjust everything quickly...and easily. You can easily get in and out of the car ....no stooping or gyrating to get in ....or hoisting yourself up to get out.