Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Limited AWD Escape
By Paul Zollinger

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Escape is fun, nimble, roomy & cute. With the second row of seats folded down there is tremendous room to haul cargo, plus it has a 3,500lb towing capacity.

Powerful motor and outstanding four wheel drive system.

Fuel mileage leaves something to be desired.

Great Car for the Value
By TG

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for the value. I was pleasantly surprised of the roomy interior and accessories.

No Boundaries package, tires, C/D and radio, driver and passenger seats, tinted windows, cargo features.

Update some of the car's features, especially the interior items.

Moving on up
By orapol

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This little beauty is fun to drive. We find ourselves looking for more places to go just for the ride. It holds a ton of cargo, but even sitting in the very back is surprisingly comfortable, making seating six a breeze. It handles very well in the snow as well as on dry pavement, even with only front-wheel drive. The optional six disc stereo system is awesome! It has seven speakers cleverly tucked in all corners of the vehicle. The sound is magnificent. The Escape has become the new official Saturday night out car for our 86 year old parents. They have no problem getting in and out of the Escape. The running boards add to accessibility and great looks.

See above.

Speeds are only displayed every 20 miles. I find myself figuring all the time (adding or subtracting) to figure out how fast I'm going.

I love my 2005 Ford Escape
By Carol Camp

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had wanted a Ford Escape ever since they came out. I knew the one I bought was the one for me the first time I laid eyes on it. I absolutely love driving it. It handles well, is very comfortable and it has a attractive body style. It has plenty of room for hauling just groceries or even something big with the seats laid down, which is very easy to do.

I love the color, Gold Ash. I had never seen that color before and I wanted something different.

The over drive button is on the gear shift and if I reach down I am always turning it off which is inconvenient.

Justin's No Boundaries Package
By No Boundaries

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I personally am a very outdoors type guy. I like biking, kayaking, camping, hiking, climbing; you name it I've done it. I purchased the No Boundaries Package for my Escape. I was debating between this and the Xterra. With everything that my wife and I do, and everything we bring with us, the Escape was a better choice. Not only that but it was more reasonably priced. We've found that it has ample room for both her and I, and my newborn son. We've been able to carry almost everything we take with us camping on the exterior rack. Including our bikes, and kayaks. We had a real rough night a while ago, and we folded the seats down and slept in the back of the Escape. It was comfortable.

I personally like the exterior design of the Escape No Boundaries package. The rack has tons more features and attachable accesories than the Xterra does. The MPG are great for an SUV, and the 200HP engine can get up and go. Great all around SUV for any family.