2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Fun & Peppy Ride @ a nice $
By Marjorie Constantino on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the sport model. I found the Sport package to be a great buy for the money. You get great all-terrain tires, cool sport rims, roof rack, trailer hitch, and side step bars. It's good on gas. I love the smooth ride and handeling, unlike some other SUV's with a more bumpy ride. The back seats are quite roomey with a good size cargo area.The exterior is pleasing to the eye. It is stylish and sporty. It is a nice size, not too big and not too small. There are also alot of nice Escape accessories available from the Ford dealerships like: bike rack, roof storage bin, bug & rock shield, and more. I highly reccomend the Ford Escape.

Why I love my 2005 Ford Escape XLT
By Tammy Laeno on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2005 Ford Escape XLT is good on gas. Its fun to drive. I love the design. I previously drove a Dodge Stealth sportscar and the transition was very easy which surprised me. Since the Stealth is a small sporty vehicle. This compact SUV was an easy transition for me. I have not noticed any problems and the mileage is good. To fill it up is only $25 in Detroit, MI.

Refined Escape
By New Owner on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Escape has very good handling on the road in various conditions. Performed well in the heavy rain. Excellent acceleration, but taxes fuel mileage. Transparent shifts from 2 to 4 wheel drive. Interior is well done. Unfortunately I wanted the slate gray interior but was only offered black (too hot) or pebble (uninspiring). Surprising flexibility when adjusting vehicle features (daytime running lights, speed volume control, brake starting override, headlight delay, rear wiper speeds)

2005 Limited
By les10 on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After my wife looked at the Toyota and Honda, she couldn't believe that a US car was designed so much better. She was looking at the RAV4 but found the backseat and cargo horrible. Likes the Escape's easy of converting from passengers to cargo. Takes almost no effort. This was a huge selling feature for her, a big miss for the Japanese. V-6 performance and handling didn't hurt either.

Escape
By rickc on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The escape is the first AWD vehicle that I've owned even with living in the snowbelt. Iam thoroughly pleased with it. It was the most responsive of the small SUVs I drove. It also felt to be the most roomy and I'm 6ft2 and 225lbs. I don't feel cramped at all.

Great Redesign
By JohnnieG on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Escape handles great and is fun to drive. On the open road it handles better than some of the larger SUV's. The 4 wheel disc brakes makes stopping very easy. The sound system sounds very rich, very little road/engine noise. I was looking into the new 2005 Equinox but this SUV has much more to offer.

2005 FORD ESCAPE
By kd890 on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like everything on my new escape, the thing i most Like is the interior design, easy to drive and so soft.

FUN FUN FUN
By Rod Barajas on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new 2005 Ford Escape...The front is cool looking and the interior is so fresh with the new floor shifter...I could not resist...I in the past thought the Escape was ugly...But for did a good job in redesigning this vehicle...I love the smart 4x4...It was a very good car to buy!

Awesome performance, great price
By djrobsd on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my escape. As a former Mustang GT Convertable owner, I didn't think the Escape would live up to my expectations. However, I recently took up skiing and got a dog, so the Mustang didn't meet my needs any more. I miss it, but I love my little Escape. When you step on the accelerator, it MOVES! And it passes with ease. The transmission shifts smoothly and responsively. I think it goes 0-60 in 8 seconds flat which is NOT BAD for an SUV! Cargo room is plentiful and the Escape is a solid and reliable vehicle for the money. So far after 13,000 miles, the car has been reliable with no defects or problems.

Overallest Small SUV
By kenstar23 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a number of small SUV's in this class, and recently drove a Jeep Liberty for a week on a vacation. The Ford is more refined than the Jeep and makes better use of interior space. The Jeeps engine was slightly underpowered as is the Escape's...a bit more HP would help both. I was disappointed with the Jeep's mileage, only a bit more than 20 MPG. These were the two highest on my list for consideration. I chose the Escape. I've owned two Ford trucks previously and have had no reliability issues, actually no problems whatsoever.