2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
2005 escape xlt awd
By appleone on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had a 2002 escape xlt fwd loved it. 46,000 miles puton it with no problems traded in for 2005 escape xlt awd. 2005 feels mor solid. This vehichle is a great value for the buck.

Former SUV hater loves his Escape
By MichiganBuckeye on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been looking at purchasing this vehicle for a few years, and did a lot of a research. Great vehicle - my first NEW vehicle. I don't think I will ever want to drive a car again.

Poor paint finish
By Ford Junk on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The dealer ship was great ! But this will be my last Ford My wife picked up our 2005 Escape she did not notice the paint on the hood had a mark by both windshield squirters looked like water marks. They do not come off ! look its a new car and already has to have body work. You can leave the key in and no alarm (makes it easy to lock your keys in the ESCAPE) doors do not lock when you put it in drive this is a safty issue if you have small children.

Thought I was buying a small SUV
By bensgranpa on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Handles well and easy to drive. Engine noise apparent. Interior so-so. Performance very good:good braking and engine performance. Good looking. But I thought I was buying a small SUV, not a full size Hummer. Have yet to get more than 12 mpg in city driving. Our big Honda Odyssey gets much better mileage both in town and on the road. And that matters now that it takes $27.00 to fill up with regular.

Good entry into the SUV Market
By INTERAVE on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my 2005 Escape Limited due to the fact that the suv has so many good write ups and reviews. I love the way Ford is marketing the Escape on the Radio and Television commercials. Those commercials are almost as if you are buying a Mercedes or BMW. The Truck drives very carlike and I recommend getting the Limited edition because of all the immenites that come along with it. The engine is a bit noisy and the fuel economy could be better but all in all this is a very fine SUV for the money. Dont waste your money on any other Compact SUV. Ford Escape is the way to go in this catergory.

Nothing Compares
By xleex1 on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my new XLT Escape. I've owned Toyota's and Honda's all my life. My friend had one with 50,000 miles on it and has had zero problems with it. So I made the jump and couldn't be happier. It handles better than the CRV, Highlander, and RAV-4. It has more power than any of those. It has more than enough cargo space for anything. The only thing I would change would be a bigger fuel tank. I'm so glad I didn't pay more just for the name HONDA OR TOYOTA!!!!!!!

Ford Escape 2004
By Christine Hanyzewski on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Perfect size. Great handeling. Lots of power. Lots of cargo space.

Fun to drive but too much plastic.
By Usual suspects on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Escape handles like a dream. Spacious and comfortable to drive and it is also very capable in the snow and unpaved roads. Cons: the interior parts such as, the armrest consol cover and the dash should be constructed of better materials.

Awesome!
By Redford on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This newly designed Escape is outstanding. I previously owned a 2001 Ford Escape and when I saw the new 2005 model I just had to drive it, needless to say I traded. This vehicle is so much fun to drive, dependable, and handles great in the snow. If you are considering the Escape - DRIVE IT! You will love the spunk of this little SUV.

Great SUV
By bjinak on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Ford Escape, our 2001 Escape was totalled by a drunk driver. The changes, inside and out, for the 2005 Escape are wonderful. A great buy for what you get! Great acceleration, comfortable, We love our Escape.