Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Glad I waited
By Dennis

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My first SUV. Went for the 4 cylinder. Great on gas, over 22 mpg average. Extremely comfortable ride, easy to manage in traffic. Interior well designed, a real joy to drive. All the creature comforts of a sedan with the storage and security of a 4 wheel drive. Lots of leg room in the back. Really hugs the wet and snowy roads. Best vehicle I ever owned in 41 years of driving.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

The white background on the speedometer and tach but not the fuel and temp gauges looks funny.

DRIVING FUN
By keith

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in California and drove it back to Denver Colorado. I got 29 mpg. I drive about 30 miles one way, to and from work and get about 32 to 35 mpg. This comes from doing the math, not looking at the gauges. Not the best highway vehicle, but a great around town and country road vehicle. Highway the vehicle does not feel real stable at 75 mph, however it does have the power to handle the highways.

Favorite Features

The Nav system can be a dream when it comes to getting out of towns you don't know. It gives plenty of warning when to turn.

Suggested Improvements

Improve highway handling, a little more stability would be nice.

Go Anywhere
By ecila5200

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first winter driving experience with the 2005 Ford Escape and I couldn't ask for a safer drive. We get a lot of snow here in Newfoundland and winter driving can take its toll on some vehicles. But the Ford Escape came through with flying colors.

Favorite Features

Not having to switch to 4 wheel drive. Lots of leg room and head room - big enough to carry 5 passengers comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

Light switch controls from the front panel would be nice instead of having to reach behind you overhead to turn on internal lights.

The Best SUV
By ALYSIA

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV handles great. The interior is nice and comfortable. Great car to take on a long trip. Excellent stereo system. It comes with an 8 inch amp and 6 cd changer and satellite ready. Back seats lay completely down for a large cargo area. All in all the best vehicle I have ever purchased.

Favorite Features

Stereo system and comfortable interior.

i love my Escape
By beverly durrell

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i love this car. It was love at first sight. It rides great, looks even better. Only very small drawback is gas mileage. I wouldnt change a thing on it.

Favorite Features

Design, ride, power, the way it drives.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.