Used 2005 Ford Escape Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Disappointed again
By Cheryl

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced my 2002 Escape at 38K mi. due to too many major repairs (torque converter, manifold, bearings, struts - to name a few) with a 2005 Escape with an extended warranty. After 3 months there was a leak in the gas line. At 60K mi. the torque converter and sunroof motor went up. Now at 65K mi. the ABS sensor went up ($700+ to repair). Sometimes I hear a crunching sound in the rear when I make turns or go over bumps. I have only done street/highway driving. All maintenance has been done on schedule by a Ford dealer. I will not buy another Ford.

Privacy glass, storage compartment in rear, overall appearance.

Redesign the back seat headrests as they cause blind spots. A bigger fuel tank.

Love it!
By Billabongguy

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Escape when i was thinking about buying a Kia Sorrento. I decided on the Escape because it had better creature comforts, nicer interior, and a lot more power! That little 3.0 with 220hp is fast responsive and I love it. I love the Mach audio system with the sub in the back. It thumps hard.

The interior quality. The Awesome stereo. The get up and go power.

I POD hookup, that's all

Love it but room for a few improvements!
By Mary B.

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive! My first SUV purchase after doing a lot of searching. I've not had a chance to try it out in snow yet, but like the AWD feature, one of the selling points. I prefer the exterior 'lines' of the Limited as opposed to the XLT or XLS. I don't care for that black/grey molding around those models. I think it detracts from the overall look of the Escape.

Great sound system! I've never owned another vehicle with a factory sound system equal to this one. Love the moon roof and the spaciousness of the interior. Plenty of rear leg room even with the front passenger seat all the way back.

Better design with cup holders and interior storage space. Improvement in gas mileage. More standard safety features like side curtain airbags.

Excellent value, pleasant surprise
By Bridget

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this vehicle about two years ago, very skeptical of Ford's build quality (coming off of a Subaru lease and before that a VW lease... both of which were plagued with crazy never ending mechanical and fit/finish problems). However, I was interested in going into a small SUV and this one seemed to be getting good reviews and I was able to get the upgrades I was interested in without paying through the nose. Now, two years later, I have to say my opinion of Ford vehicles has totally changed. This has been the most trouble-free vehicle I've owned in years, and it still looks nearly new inside. Mechanically, it's been flawless. And it's also been kind of fun (surprisingly) to drive.

Heated seats. I've never splurged on them before ... if you live someplace cold, it's totally worth the extra cost. Also, it seems like such a small thing, but this vehicle had the best cupholders I've encountered in forever. No spilled coffee!

My only complaint my occasional issues with refilling the tank. Really fast pumps tend to back up the gas and stop the pump before you fill up. Seems like a simple enough engineering fix for later models.

This truck is Horrible!
By Mary

2005 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this Escape in May 2005 and in August began hearing a creaking noise coming from the back. This truck has been in the shop a few times for a total of 3 1/2 weeks; the mount needed work. I still hear creaking from the back, the window makes noise and the door creaks. This is the noisiest truck ever and I get 15 MPG! I am so sorry that I went from Nissan to Ford.

The only good feature is the reliability and it holds the road.

Needs to be more airtight with less noise and better gas mileage also.