2005 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
9 months in on 2005 V6 2wd
By invictarocks on 01/03/10 18:27 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after a lot of research on Subaru Forrester, RAV4, Honda CRV and the Escape. I did some test drives, and the Forrester was the fastest and funnest, but a little small, and my buying decision came right after a bad experience with a Subaru dealership. The RAV4 seat was unbearable in the "fold down, kicking back" position, and sitting on the back with the hatch up was designed OUT of the model years I was looking at. I didn't like the way the RAV4 looked driving down the road from behind, as the rear suspension didn't inspire much confidence. I LOVE my Escape, and it's styling. The gas mileage was a little disappointing at 20.

Mixed bag
By Missouri owner on 11/13/05 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable with a smooth as silk ride. Mileage is decent. Room for 4 with comfort. Very sharp eye appeal. Its my second Escape and the resale is very good. Very good acceleration. Oh yeah, there is one big problem. This vehicle squeaks and rattles like it is about to fall apart. Don't seem to be able to get it fixed.

Outstanding small SUV
By Brian on 10/30/05 01:56 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle with the safety canopy and our first child on the way. This car feels solid and is a blast to drive. The 3.0 liter engine is outstanding for car of this size and weight and the transmission, although a 4 speed has been smooth and feels well matched.

Escape
By Mary Jo on 07/23/05 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive. Very comfortable. Just the right size for me.

The Best SUV
By ALYSIA on 05/08/05 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV handles great. The interior is nice and comfortable. Great car to take on a long trip. Excellent stereo system. It comes with an 8 inch amp and 6 cd changer and satellite ready. Back seats lay completely down for a large cargo area. All in all the best vehicle I have ever purchased.

True Escape
By CT Cobb on 05/05/05 08:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love our little Escape. Its initial eye appeal was excellent and what sold us. The V6 performs well except for jumping in and out of overdrive under load. The interior is very roomy but the interior design is bland with lots of plastic. The dashboard instrument pod well illuminated. It handles just like a car; a feature we really appreciate. Although car-like it is rugged and handles off-main-road side trips with ease. We have experienced minor inconveniences. Replaced rear window windshield wiper assembly. Replaced sticking accelerator assembly. Tie rod squeaks. Needs replacing. Seats are a bit stiff on long trips. Added seat padding. Overall, excellent vehicle for our use.

Moving on up
By orapol on 04/01/05 04:27 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This little beauty is fun to drive. We find ourselves looking for more places to go just for the ride. It holds a ton of cargo, but even sitting in the very back is surprisingly comfortable, making seating six a breeze. It handles very well in the snow as well as on dry pavement, even with only front-wheel drive. The optional six disc stereo system is awesome! It has seven speakers cleverly tucked in all corners of the vehicle. The sound is magnificent. The Escape has become the new official Saturday night out car for our 86 year old parents. They have no problem getting in and out of the Escape. The running boards add to accessibility and great looks.

Nine months, 10K miles and I'm happy
By Jim In Tampa on 03/24/05 09:08 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm very happy with my 2005 Escape XLT Sport. Mine was one of the first with just the canopy air bag and now they have the side seat and canopy air bags. Great handling. Quick. A little thirsty. Back seat is very comfortable with the stadium type seating. The seat fabric can be irritating after a few hours of travel. Mine arrived with a non-functioning 6 disk radio. I can't believe that the factory AND dealership didn't notice that before it left the showroom. But it was replaced and no problems since then. I know it's been recalled, but I haven't received a notice yet from Ford.

Ford Escape
By elaina on 03/19/05 13:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a really fun vehicle. It is just the right size for long road trips, running errands, and every day use.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
By Holly on 03/11/05 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Poor gas mileage, about 250 miles per tank. Tank is only 16.5 gallons. That is the only complaint I have.