2004 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Time for a Trade-In

2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Time for a Trade-In
By K.Gibson on

2004 Ford Escape XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first got my Escape I loved it to death but now...I am ready for a trade in after only 2 1/2 years. When I got my car it was all good except for the emisssions/check engine light came on when it rained or it putt- putted every now and then. However, I got into an accident in July when someone T-boned me and and I reached 100000 miles it all wen to crap. After getting just about everything fixed up front ($5000) all three of my catalytic converters needed replaced (they didn't tell me to replace it before when I could have gotten the 80000 mi warrenty) and now my light still comes on and I need something else fixed. I just keep putting more money into it.

The ride is great and I like the height of the Escape. The gas milage is wonderful too.

I got the value so I wish I had all of the extras. It should also have a longer warrenty on the catalytic converters. I think that it should also come in more colors. I personally think that it should have been recalled because of the catalytic converters.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review