2004 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Same problem for 4 years now

2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

2004 Ford Escape

XLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Same problem for 4 years now
By james on

2004 Ford Escape XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun vehicle to drive. It has a low maintenence record. I have had a intermittent problem since I have owned it. I am the only owner of this vehicle. It has occasionally shut off when shifting to reverse from another gear. It occasionally shuts off while driving down the road. It starts back up when you restart it. It did this under warranty. It first did it 3 days after owning it. The dealership has never diagnosed the problem. This is a major safety issue which is making me question Ford's quality control and service practices. No need to buy an extended warranty with this one. They cannot fix it while its under factory warranty. Fun to drive when it does not do this.

Fun to drive for minor off road adventures. This is not a Jeep but it does handle well off road. I do not have the 4x4 model but I have not got this stuck on dry land either.

Fix the shutting off problem with my vehicle. It did it in the shop but they did not have the test equipment on it when it died. 4 years later i still deal with this issue. Ford needs to inspect wiring before completing the vehicle for sale. This is possibly my vehicles issue but I'm not totally sure

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review