2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
escapie
By Linz on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

excellent. i love my escape, it's cute and its ok to jump a curb once in a while, nothing will break off :-) its not a car, but its not an suv- the perfect mix.

Fantastic SUV
By MrTaz49 on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. Had rented one last year in 2003 for vacation. It really was comfortable to ride in, drive and all around vehicle. Found the one we bought at Enterprise Car Sales just had to buy it. Not too good on gas mileage but that is the only disappointment I have. Would buy another one if needed too.

Clifford the Escape
By ACEMARKEY on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have TWO! Named my Escape 'Clifford'. Guess what color it is? I love this car, looove, there aren't enough positive words. Much better mileage than what the sticker says. Peppy, roomy. Handles great in snow. A bit of wind noise at high speeds(80mph) makes it difficult to listen to the excellent cd player (single). Please follow the dealer maintenance record religiously. There have been a few problems, but the dealer fixed. Don't bother with the dealers 'ext. warranty' Call Ford Mo Co yourself and ask them specifically for their own. Dealer will try to sell you an 'aftermarket'insisting it is Ford's. After 2 dealers, 3 cars we learned the hard way.

Love It!
By Jim in MD on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle overall. I went from a compact sedan to the Escape. Overall driving experience took a bit of getting used to. But I think this is a good choice for anyone looking for something that's "larger than normal" but not a road tank. The individual who compared this FWD Escape with the Jeep Liberty doesn't understand that FWD does not = 4WD. There IS a 4WD version available. So if that's what you need then maybe you should have asked your company to purcase that. And I can report that my doors have not fallen off, contrary to another reviewer's statements. Indeed, I've had no build defect/service issues at all.

Why I love my Escape
By Donner on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle handles well and rides great. I have owed several ford vehicles and this one is one I would purchase again. It also gets great gas mileage in town and as well as highway.

Fits me
By rcadwell on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my first SUV. I like the compactness of it, yet lot's of storage. Feels good on the road, although, it does feel bumps more than I'm use to. The V6 is the only way to go for get up and go. I love the way the drivers and passenger seats feel on my back..very supportive. Gas mileage is something to get use to. But I'll sacrifice a bit for the feel and cargo capablities of this car. Highly recommend it.

I love mine!
By leisuretravel on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my escape as soon as the 2005 models came out and I got it fully loaded ....I love it...I'm a small woman with a big dog and a son and a husband, it accomodates me perfectly. I had a small convertable before and my son could never see anything from the backseat because it sat so low. Now he sees and comments on everything(he's six). I'll always buy Ford!

Great vehicle
By VickieW on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Escape. It's not to big and just the right size to carry stuff and get in and out of parking spots. My husband has the F150 4x4 four door, way to big for me. I can't judge the size of the F150, but have no problems with my Escape.

Could be better
By martilk on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Seems reliable and comfortable enough, but has a horrid turing radius and a puny gas tank. The leather seats seem like naughahyde.

Fun, fun, fun!
By dulangzvox on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A joy to drive. Comfortable ride with very good handling. Mileage outstanding on road trip from Portland to Reno. The wife drives the Escape the most, she is in love with it! I'm disabled and this vehicle is perfect for me to get in and out of. I found it preferable to my pal's Honda CRV!!!