2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
My ideas
By George J Gleissner on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and does anything you ask it to do. We have been in the mountains and the desert of the west with it and it has really been a good vehicle.

Love my Escape!
By southernbelle on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for about a week now. I love it! This is my first SUV and I doubt that I will ever go back to a "car" again! I enjoy the feeling of being up higher. The Escape is a very smooth ride. When I bought it, I felt that it was a good SUV and I hoped that my feeling was right. It was!!

My First SUV
By Barbara Ann on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I haVE ALWAYS had sport passenger cars so this was all new to me. I love driving up higher on the road now, and the handling on this SUV is great. It rides smooth, handles nicely. I am very satisfied with the truck and now I know I will never drive a passenger car ever again.

Never buy American AGAIN
By NSS on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my car less than 1 month ago. My Driver side door has already fallen off! The pins (bolts) are put in the hinge with the head facing down. Well That is a stupid error on Ford's part for sure. However, the interior is roomy enought to feel like you are in a larger SUV as compared to the RAV and the Honda. It has a powerful enough engine. And the stereo system is not bad for being a stock feature. Customer Service has so far taken care of the problem and even gave me a free rent car (if they didn't I would be more than angry)

euro-drive built in the USA
By chasp2 on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Escape for the last six months with some 11000 milesw on the odometer. It is a very good car for two senior citizens. Easy to enter and quick on the freeway. We could just contain enough equipment for three months in Florida. We could easily climb western mountains in the rockies as well.Themilage on the west was 27 mpg.