Used 2004 Ford Escape XLT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Would Purchase Again!
By akireeap

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at other smaller SUV's and this was the only one in the same price range that had a lot to offer, without feeling like the inside was a "fischer price" inside. I test drove a bunch, and the Escape road smoother, less bumpy, very comfortable, and sturdy. It also doesn't feel so "top heavy"

Favorite Features

Huge center console (plenty of storage space) MoonRoof, 6 disc cd changer w/ song/title display. comfortable seats. Great sound with stock speakers. Great Clear Coat and tinted windows. Standard V6. (gotta love it) Built in garage door opener compartment. Built in netting in trunk

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if the back rear window went down, not opened up. Would love to have a trunk release button, and if the gas tank door locked.

Escape is Great
By kathypat

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this smaller version SUV. It has given me the amentities i need in an SUV for storage, etc.. and the stereo/comfort/quality/drive that I like in a solid vehicle.

Favorite Features

6 cd changer, power driver seat, good road handling, raised chasis

Suggested Improvements

power seats in passenger side, HYBRID!! and power groups upgraded... i.e. climate control, heated seats, technology stuff.

Excellent
By AuntSusiex2

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wasn't looking to buy a new vehicle but after one test drive I knew I needed this SUV. The Escape is just the right size. Not too big, not too small. I am a smaller woman 5'3 and I did not feel out of place in this SUV. I love my Escape!

The Most Fun and Reliable SUV Ever.
By Daniel Kantu

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The get up and go. Make sure you get the XLT V6 one.. this one can get you in trouble it hauls.... I love the 7 speaker sound system.. sounds better then any radio in my house.. I got the side airbags opt.. I think its a good choice esp down here in Fl there are insane drivers.. that put on makeup or read the news paper on I 95 or yelling at there kids to sit down...Also from day one. NOT ONE PROBLEM> gone wrong.. and i drive like hard with my cars.

Favorite Features

Radio.. Safty Features... ABS and Side Airbags.

Suggested Improvements

Fit and Finish some things look cheap.

My new baby
By Heather MacDonald

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV vehicle and I have always had sports cars but this vehicle has been a great addition to my household. It is quick, handles well, is easy to drive and is extremely comfortable. I can fit an amazing amount of stuff and am glad I did not buy a larger SUV. I absolutely love it!

Favorite Features

size handling quick pickup easy to see and park

Suggested Improvements

I haven't found any issues except there are not many custom parts available.