2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
escape its fun
By susan the buyer on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at several suv and found ford to be the best quailty for ride looks reliability and most important the ford has an excellent star rating for vechile safety

Escape-in
By sdj on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Escape. The gas mileage is ok but not bad. I love the 6 CD stereo. It's great when your on the road and can't find a good radio station. I haven't had it very long (2/04) but I haven't had any problems so far.

LOVED MY YELLOW ESCAPE!
By KNSBETH on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Ford Escape after owning a Jeep Cherokee. I loved it....loved how it handled, looked, and performed overall. We moved to California in 2001 and drove it from Florida to California with my 2 Labrador Retrievers in the back...with the rear seat down of course..very comfortable for them. Drove it back to Florida when we recently moved back East. I always get compliments on it, especially the color...

my little ford escape
By james donophan on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife & i took a vacation to tennessee from delaware. we saw this vehicle on the road & we both fell in love with it. when we got back home we went & purchased ours. wouldn't give it up for anything else. if another vehicle was given to us we would sell it.the other vehicle that is. we also have two mustangs.

it's a winner
By joe cap on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the only thing i would change is give it a little softer ride.rides a little truck like not bad so far i love it

Enthusiastic about the Escape
By upstategodess on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

have researched and test driven most suv in this class. started out looking at the explorer decided it was too much for me, took the escape for a test drive and fell in love.

Decided best of comparable models
By M2004 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After much research between the Escape, Liberty, and CR-V, Ford seemed to offer the best features and reviews amongst the three. ABS, Gas mileage, and mechanical performance were my priorities I test drove the Liberty first, then the Escape. I knew that the Escape would perform better for city driving, and if that is what you are going to use the vehicle for mainly, stick with Ford. The seats take some getting used to, though there are a number of adjustment options. Overall, as a first time SUV, the Escape is great and is a good transition between a coupe/small sedan and truck. The car overall feels pretty strong.

Love It, but.......
By Gymbodd on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Whoever designed the gear shift on this car never drove their final product. It is maddenly always in the way of the radio and is often difficult to get into the proper gear.

Escape
By xtremspike on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well built vehicle. I purchased for my wife, had to get it loaded with options. Its the XLT has the 6 disc stereo, leather , moonroof, tow package and power everything. What more could you ask for, this SUV is not comparable to anything on the road. It has one of a kind looks and runs like a sportscar....200+ hp. Tires are gonna be expensive as they are 16's but after 1 yr of driving they are holding up well.

Excellent SUV
By Scapee on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have owned and I absolutely love it. I have had the vehicle for 7 months and have driven over 12,000 miles. No problems experienced to date. I did a lot of comparison shopping and can safely say that the Escape gives the most standard features for the money. It's one of the best looking compact SUV's too!