2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
2004 Escape
By Tom B. on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great running, fun to drive. Plenty of room for cargo. Mileage is good as I beat it up and down the highway at 80 with the air on and get 23-24 miles per gallon. If stayed of the pedal I'm sure I could get better. Great American car! I would highly recommend.

Get it before they go...
By Colorado Dude on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is awesome. I compared for some time now with Chevy, KIA, Jeep etc...and simply state this vehicle has power, quality, looks, and especially FUN!!!!!

Escape
By wvangel on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When i went looking for a new car that night i never thought about coming home with a new suv I loved driving it when i test drove it i told my dad i got to have it , its so fun to drive and i love how the inside is made enough room for my daughter and i to go on long trips

Love my escape
By shirley c on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Husband and I purchased a Ford Escape and we love the car,great handling ,great looks , great price. What else do you need in a SUV and not overly large on the road Thanks Shirley C

04 escape
By mrak on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Enjoy the interior space and comfort. Have not owned it long enough to judge overall reliability. My favorite part is that it is nice to ride up higher than in a car.

Would Purchase Again!
By akireeap on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at other smaller SUV's and this was the only one in the same price range that had a lot to offer, without feeling like the inside was a "fischer price" inside. I test drove a bunch, and the Escape road smoother, less bumpy, very comfortable, and sturdy. It also doesn't feel so "top heavy"

Escape is Great
By kathypat on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this smaller version SUV. It has given me the amentities i need in an SUV for storage, etc.. and the stereo/comfort/quality/drive that I like in a solid vehicle.

Excellent
By AuntSusiex2 on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wasn't looking to buy a new vehicle but after one test drive I knew I needed this SUV. The Escape is just the right size. Not too big, not too small. I am a smaller woman 5'3 and I did not feel out of place in this SUV. I love my Escape!

The Most Fun and Reliable SUV Ever.
By Daniel Kantu on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The get up and go. Make sure you get the XLT V6 one.. this one can get you in trouble it hauls.... I love the 7 speaker sound system.. sounds better then any radio in my house.. I got the side airbags opt.. I think its a good choice esp down here in Fl there are insane drivers.. that put on makeup or read the news paper on I 95 or yelling at there kids to sit down...Also from day one. NOT ONE PROBLEM> gone wrong.. and i drive like hard with my cars.

My new baby
By Heather MacDonald on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV vehicle and I have always had sports cars but this vehicle has been a great addition to my household. It is quick, handles well, is easy to drive and is extremely comfortable. I can fit an amazing amount of stuff and am glad I did not buy a larger SUV. I absolutely love it!