2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
2003 xlt ford 4x4 escape
By brandi6004 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

lots of head room, responds quickly.. great family vehicle/or hauling building material etc. handles well on the highway great visability since its height is more than the average car. handles very well in heavy rain. easy to park and handles well at high speeds on turnpike. Very happy with this vehicle also insurance cost doesnt take you to the cleaners.. Safe for the grandkids...

Love My 'Scape
By Mrs Nose on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I moved up from a Suzuki Side Kick. I just love my Ford Escape! It is so easy to drive and has "get up and go". My husband has a Ford F150 4x4 and he loves driving my 'Scape too. The Escape gets very good gas mileage.

My First SUV
By Barbara S. on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I always owned passenger cars so buying an SUV made me a little nervous, but this SUV is small and drives just like a car, one other advantage is that it is very roomy and comfortable. Takes bumps well and drives smooth and quiet. The tires are my only real complaint, the cheesy cheap tires that the manufacturers put on their cars always disapoint me, but that is just the way it is. Of course its a gas guzzler what do you expect from an SUV?

Nice car!
By e lopez on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Based on the experiences shared by other Ford Escape owners vis-a-vis the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Suzuki Vitara, etc., I recently bought an Escape. Alas, I am happy to have decided to get one! Driving one proved to be an experience and I am sure that with the service and parts availabilty support provided by the local dealership network, maintaining this won't be a problem. I had such a terrible experience with my Honda car as spare parts and service is controlled or even manipulated by their local dealership here. My maintenanve costs did not do justice to my owning said Honda and good that I was able to dispose of it fast.

GREAT TO DRIVE
By DAVID MACDONALD on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford escape is an excellent vehicle for all around driving. Love It.

Love my Escape Limited!!
By Lisa C. on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Escape Limited. It is real fun to drive and i really like the leather interior and the mach 6 stereo system sounds great. I love the moon roof.Just went on a road trip and got excellent mileage. I would definitely recomend a Escape Limited!!

Never buy American AGAIN
By NSS on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my car less than 1 month ago. My Driver side door has already fallen off! The pins (bolts) are put in the hinge with the head facing down. Well That is a stupid error on Ford's part for sure. However, the interior is roomy enought to feel like you are in a larger SUV as compared to the RAV and the Honda. It has a powerful enough engine. And the stereo system is not bad for being a stock feature. Customer Service has so far taken care of the problem and even gave me a free rent car (if they didn't I would be more than angry)

euro-drive built in the USA
By chasp2 on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Escape for the last six months with some 11000 milesw on the odometer. It is a very good car for two senior citizens. Easy to enter and quick on the freeway. We could just contain enough equipment for three months in Florida. We could easily climb western mountains in the rockies as well.Themilage on the west was 27 mpg.

Fun Little SUV
By TerriJo on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is fun to drive. It is spunky with plenty of power. The interior is nicely laid out, with more room than you would think. The seats are stiff, but hopefully they will soften up a bit after some use. I can fit plenty of things in the back. A stroller, a golf bag, plenty of groceries, and even my sons little bike. For the money this vehicle is a great deal.