2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
first 1000 miles
By r silva on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 99 Explorer. Big difference! The ride of the Escape is much better than the old style Explorer and I think a little better than the new ones. The Escape has a little more road noise. My wife and I could not justify the $ differance when compared to the Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or Toyota. We test drove all and almost went with the ML320 but she changed her mind when we went back to retest drive an Explorer and she saw the Escape Limited on the lot and asked to drive it. The Escape just fit.

Best Car Ever!
By ARSchnarfs on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car, it is so amazing. It's great to drive, well designed and just all around fun.

It is fun to
By Ginger1001 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The day I saw this vehicle on the lot of our local dealership, I just knew it had to come home with me, and it did. I absolutely love to drive it. I can see better since I am sitting up higher and that makes me feel safer and more secure.

My ideas
By George J Gleissner on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and does anything you ask it to do. We have been in the mountains and the desert of the west with it and it has really been a good vehicle.

Ford Review
By faker aka broken leg on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford Escape is the best car. There is however one exception, the gas milage. It is like a big SUV. It is supposed to be compact

Love my Escape!
By southernbelle on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for about a week now. I love it! This is my first SUV and I doubt that I will ever go back to a "car" again! I enjoy the feeling of being up higher. The Escape is a very smooth ride. When I bought it, I felt that it was a good SUV and I hoped that my feeling was right. It was!!

Escape Limited is great
By carguydc on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 Escape Limited FWD with Luxury Comfort Package(heated seats and mirrors, upgraded audio and reverse sensors) and Moonroof. This car is a blast to drive. When you floor it from a stop the tires squeal - it's got plenty of power! Of course my driving style may be part of why the FE is not as good as I might like: I'm getting just under 20MPG. I love the exterior looks and styling. I also drove the CRV, Santa Fe and Liberty and found none could compare to this combination of luxury and fun to drive.

The Best Value for Money
By chatchai on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is definitely the Best Value for Money.I would not hestitate to pay about 10-20% more for this V6+197 Hp.

Best in class
By obby on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love it. Very powerfull

My First SUV
By Barbara Ann on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I haVE ALWAYS had sport passenger cars so this was all new to me. I love driving up higher on the road now, and the handling on this SUV is great. It rides smooth, handles nicely. I am very satisfied with the truck and now I know I will never drive a passenger car ever again.