Used 2004 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

A good compromise overall !
By Dozing4dollars

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really FUN to drive! It is peppy and handles great for an SUV. It feels more like a sedan/coupe in performance than an SUV at times. It is a good compromise between a viable SUV and a decent handling sport sedan/coupe. If you are looking for a stylish, entry level, around town, SUV with excellent acceleration and handling performance, 4WD and superior cargo capacity, you have found it! It is very easy to park and manuever. Just remember-it is an entry level, smaller size, SUV in its price point. You can load it up with options but you cannot change its basic build materials and quality a whole lot.

Favorite Features

Spacious cabin and excellent cargo capacity.Peppy V-6 adds to performance. Styling and appearance are great. It stops very well even without disc brakes in the rear.Invoice pricing and factory rebates/incentives are the norm.

Suggested Improvements

Ignition key placement poor.Interior cabin controls are CHEAP plastic.Need another 12V power point in rear. Seats are TOO FIRM! Brake dust is HORRENDOUS! Need a Compass/OAT gauge.Engine oil specified only marketed by FORD. Offset crash test results are MARGINAL.

my little ford escape
By james donophan

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife & i took a vacation to tennessee from delaware. we saw this vehicle on the road & we both fell in love with it. when we got back home we went & purchased ours. wouldn't give it up for anything else. if another vehicle was given to us we would sell it.the other vehicle that is. we also have two mustangs.

Favorite Features

i like the way it drives & handles. it is also good on gas mileage. it really looks good too.

Suggested Improvements

tthe cruise control could be set as low as 25 mph, not 27 or 28 like ours is. the dealer says they can't set it any lower.

it's a winner
By joe cap

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the only thing i would change is give it a little softer ride.rides a little truck like not bad so far i love it

Favorite Features

handles great'nice stoping,size,view

Suggested Improvements

softer ride,a little better gas milage

I Love My Escape!
By D.Lewis

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape for about 7 months now and I love it! We had an Aerostar mini-van and a 150 pick-up prior. My husband and I decided to buy new vehicles again and living in Colorado, 4X4's are the way to go. He upgraded his truck to a 250 4X4 V10 but I wanted something with better fuel economy than that, so after many reviews and discussions, the Escape won. It's excellent for work, errands and going into the mountains. It has all the space I need for shopping too! I would definately recommend the Escape to anyone. The Escape is another Ford product that tops the list on smaller suv's and keeps the Ford name at it's best and something to be proud of!

Fun
By McDave

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What a great ride...I love this SUV...You have to go and drive one

Favorite Features

Looks and driving

Suggested Improvements

Just keep making them