2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Convinced
By Tweety on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was actually looking to purchase the Saturn suv, however my brother inlaw works for Ford, and talked me into coming down to test drive the ford escape.(he also owns an escape) Before even visting Saturn, I went to ford. After test driving the escape my mind had changed. I love the ford escape. It drives very smooth. I have two children and this suv has plenty of room. I wasn't looking for a huge suv, so this really fits what I desired. The suv is sporty looking and the price is very affordable, since I didn't have $40000.00 for a new vehicle. I highly recommend the Ford Escape to anyone looking for a great suv.

Very functional and quick big
By greatchoice on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle 10/1/00 off the showroom floor, shortly after they first came out and was equipped with the V6, 4WD, trailer package, tinted windows, and "hunter" green in color. We have averaged around 25-26 MPG on several long trips. This vehicle very roomy inside. I haven't had any problems with the vehicle at all and would highly recommend it to anyone. The exception I have read about is it the extremely rare person that does serious off road driving. This vehicle is much better looking(especially from the rear) and much quicker than the CRV.

My Car
By vidgate on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Best Car Ever!
By CHICOGIRL on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I feel very safe and comfortable at the same time.

Best Car Ever!
By ARSchnarfs on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car, it is so amazing. It's great to drive, well designed and just all around fun.

GalebDuhr's Review
By GalebDuhr on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in May 2003, and it has been wonderful. The space is just the right size for a small family. The cargo area is wonderful for transporting almost anything, and the luxury features make it an excellent vehicle.

Drive for fun
By allyn49er on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive whether it be Interstate 5 or Hwy 40. Very comfortable and reliable performance!!

Ford really is built to last!!
By Kiana on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I can't tell you how much I love my Escape. I test drove a couple of SUV's and the Escape won over all on every feature!

Great vehicle!
By cheechee on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle to use as both a recreational and passenger vehicle. We recently moved to a different state. We found it to be a very comfortable, if not cozy ride. Considering all that were hauling, we got good gas mileage. Out boat is longer and taller than our vehicle, but it hauled the boat with no problems at all. This is such a smooth-riding vehicle, you honestly would think you were riding in a luxury car.

first 1000 miles
By r silva on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 99 Explorer. Big difference! The ride of the Escape is much better than the old style Explorer and I think a little better than the new ones. The Escape has a little more road noise. My wife and I could not justify the $ differance when compared to the Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or Toyota. We test drove all and almost went with the ML320 but she changed her mind when we went back to retest drive an Explorer and she saw the Escape Limited on the lot and asked to drive it. The Escape just fit.