2004 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Nice Package
By Jack DiBella on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was very supprised how on accelration it just takes off ,plenty of power for a V6 .I'm getting about 22mpg right now with a little over 1200 miles on it. I had a 2001 explorer before this. I feel the Escape has a better feel and handles very well on turns and parkways.I am a truck driver by trade and have always been in some kind of truck for at least 8hrs a day and feel at home in my Escape.....

Love my Escape
By chestylarue1 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although I have only owned my Escape for 30 days, I am in love. The driver seat is so comfortable. As someone with lower back problems, its so nice to sit on a Los Angeles freeway and not have a spasming right hip. The seat is like a comfortable living room chair so there is very little pressure on my back. Kudos to Ford for making a comfortable nice sized SUV

Escape
By BGRA on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I genuinely adore my Ford Escape. The only faults I have with them is the cigarette lighter broke early and when pushing the gas pedal, at times it feels as if I'm not getting the immediate response that I should be at times. A friend purchased the same vehicle and has the exact same problems. Her interior design is better than mine in my opinion because I have an open console. I feel the gear shift is too long and placed where it interfers with the radio adjustments. All things aside, it has excellent room, it great on handeling and is overall a wonderful vehicle.

Escape Limited - style and substance
By Mr. Burns on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2004 Escape Limited provides a great combination of performance provided by an over 200 HP V6, reasonable fuel ecomony and impressive interior style and comfort. The Mach audio improves the interior ambiance through excellent sound. Put on your favoritie CD from the 6 disc in dash system and enjoy. If you drive a lot of miles like I do, in weather that can turn nasty (Michigan winters), the Escape is a great choice.

The Great Escape
By DRetman on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my escape. It handles well in all weather situations. It is fun to drive and has been extremely reiable. I am a short person and I sit very comfortable in the vehical, I feel I can see the traffic very well when I am on the highway. I love the 6 disc CD player, I feel no matter where I am going I have escaped for a short period of time while I am driving......

love it! the best fun car every
By xan on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

my mom and i both have one. i have the newer model which 2004 and she has a 2001. there the best car. there so comfy and sleek. the sound system is really good. the gas could be better but its an suv so it wont really be great. all i can say is that its the best.

Ford Escape
By keidem on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great little SUV, it does a an outstanding job and is fun to drive. Easy to get around with and good in bad weather.

Very functional and quick big
By greatchoice on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle 10/1/00 off the showroom floor, shortly after they first came out and was equipped with the V6, 4WD, trailer package, tinted windows, and "hunter" green in color. We have averaged around 25-26 MPG on several long trips. This vehicle very roomy inside. I haven't had any problems with the vehicle at all and would highly recommend it to anyone. The exception I have read about is it the extremely rare person that does serious off road driving. This vehicle is much better looking(especially from the rear) and much quicker than the CRV.

a joy to drive
By lindy on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this car is fun to drive everytime i get into it. i love the way it handles, its responsiveness, the roominess, the seat comfort, and the seat height as compared to a sedan (my former car). i love the way this car looks from all angles. i planned to buy a toyota rav 4. period. but thought as a good consumer i should test drive at least three. i test drove the jeep liberty and the escape was added to my list at the last minute when i saw one and liked the looks. driving it was love at first sight. no looking back. my only complaint is that i don't get the mileage i thought i would.

Convinced
By Tweety on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was actually looking to purchase the Saturn suv, however my brother inlaw works for Ford, and talked me into coming down to test drive the ford escape.(he also owns an escape) Before even visting Saturn, I went to ford. After test driving the escape my mind had changed. I love the ford escape. It drives very smooth. I have two children and this suv has plenty of room. I wasn't looking for a huge suv, so this really fits what I desired. The suv is sporty looking and the price is very affordable, since I didn't have $40000.00 for a new vehicle. I highly recommend the Ford Escape to anyone looking for a great suv.