2004 Ford Escape SUV 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great Car
By Roger122387 on 11/16/06 23:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just hit 50,000 miles and this car is great! I also owned an 04 Mazda Tribute and they have both been great. The only thing that bothers me is the brakes wearing too quick and the traction not being too great in rainy weather. I have actually hydroplaned off the road in both of my vehicles. The engine sounds just as strong as it did new and everything is great on it. Some things do seem a little cheap on it (like the console and glove box). One big complaint I hear from everyone is the gas mileage is AWFUL...it does not match with the window sticker at all. It would be nice to get 25 mpg on the highway with the V6 but it's nowhere near that.

I Love It
By Jackie on 04/25/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Escape mainly because my daughter & grandson live 300 miles away and it's all PA turnpike. I wanted something comfortable and economic to make the 5 hour trip (frequently) but big enough to haul everything that I must take. My Escape has carried tools, furniture (they recently purchased a house) and a lot of toys. I love my Escape, the ride is extremely comfortable, not truck-like, sporty and a real pleasure to drive

escape
By layne on 12/27/04 21:52 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

have really enjoyed the ford escape. bought for wife to drive because we needed room for two car seats side by side. has worked out great. power from the v6 has been amazing. the ride is great. easy to get in and out. i really love this vehicle.

Ford Escape good buy.
By Johndoe30 on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For the price and gas mileage, it is the best buy. I spent a year searching and researching SUVs.

Escape into the Future
By LaChanda Hawkins on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck easter weekend this year. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is dependale, great on gas, easy to handle and very spacious for my family of four.

Love It!
By Jim in MD on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle overall. I went from a compact sedan to the Escape. Overall driving experience took a bit of getting used to. But I think this is a good choice for anyone looking for something that's "larger than normal" but not a road tank. The individual who compared this FWD Escape with the Jeep Liberty doesn't understand that FWD does not = 4WD. There IS a 4WD version available. So if that's what you need then maybe you should have asked your company to purcase that. And I can report that my doors have not fallen off, contrary to another reviewer's statements. Indeed, I've had no build defect/service issues at all.

Could be better
By martilk on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Seems reliable and comfortable enough, but has a horrid turing radius and a puny gas tank. The leather seats seem like naughahyde.

2004 Ford Escape
By Lei on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We previously had a 1994 Ford Explorer and decided to try the smaller version, so we got an Escape this time. The gas mileage is so much better. We really love our Escape!!!!

Excellent
By cindergriff on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. Perfect for small families that need reliable transportation. It is very comfortable and spacious, with lots of cargo room. But its also very fun to drive, and surprisingly powerful.

Liberty vs Escape-no comparison
By LJAS on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I received an Escape XLT as a company vehicle and was highly disappointed! It is more like a minivan than an SUV! The vehicle has a weak 4WD, boring and cheap looking interior, and does not seem sturdy. My new Jeep Liberty Limited on the other hand, has a nice looking leather and chrome interior, sturdy ride with a strong 4WD and is a pleasure to drive. There is absolutely NO COMPARISON! I dont know why the Escape is getting good reviews? It is a minivan with 4WD!