2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
ESCAPE EXCELLENT
By MC CLLAREN on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This auto is built strong like a truck but handels next to a car. Mileage is excellent [sometimes 30 mpg].Small engine will rev up for take off from stoplight. Power good for driving but not for pulling. Get bigger engine for this job. Good for small family [4 people].Price is excellent.

The Great Escape
By DRetman on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my escape. It handles well in all weather situations. It is fun to drive and has been extremely reiable. I am a short person and I sit very comfortable in the vehical, I feel I can see the traffic very well when I am on the highway. I love the 6 disc CD player, I feel no matter where I am going I have escaped for a short period of time while I am driving......

Nice car!
By e lopez on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Based on the experiences shared by other Ford Escape owners vis-a-vis the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Suzuki Vitara, etc., I recently bought an Escape. Alas, I am happy to have decided to get one! Driving one proved to be an experience and I am sure that with the service and parts availabilty support provided by the local dealership network, maintaining this won't be a problem. I had such a terrible experience with my Honda car as spare parts and service is controlled or even manipulated by their local dealership here. My maintenanve costs did not do justice to my owning said Honda and good that I was able to dispose of it fast.