2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Would buy another one!
By kwilliams on 10/22/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Escape for convenience. My kids getting their own cars I didn't need a van anymore. Wanted to down size my car. This Escape was a one owner and seldom driven. I have had only usual stuff done. I have never had it to fail in starting or going where I need to go, either on the highway or in a hay field! Dependable and good on gas! 24 hwy and alittle less city. Good buy for me! Sun roof does hesitate to open or close sometime.

Had problems
By Rob on 01/04/07 10:37 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my 2004 Escape LTD in Feb. 2004. Two years later, at 20,000 miles, the car had a "complete failure of the transmission" (the dealership's words). The whole transmission had to be replaced. I have also had problems with the sun roof not opening correctly. Also, sometimes when I start the car the treble on the radio comes on but not the bass, and I have to restart the car to get the radio to work correctly. Plus, in cold weather the driver window squeaks horribly when you roll it up/down. I owned a 2001 Escape for three years and loved it so much I went back for the 2004 LTD. The problems I've had with it, especially with the transmission, have soured me to Fords.

My second one!
By Catherine Busso on 12/23/05 23:10 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All the comforts of a larger, heavier SUV, but lightweight ... and easy to handle. I love the ease of opening the hood and the back. It's great for women! It's my second Escape Limited and has wonderful leather seats that heat up.

Live in my car
By VISTING NURSE on 01/02/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The pick-up is great in a go situation- It handles great, is perfect for my type of job--I’m in it 5 days a week, in and out-stop and go-I practically live in my Escape 45 hrs a week.

Really like my first SUV.
By Rodney C. on 12/22/04 21:53 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my Limited Escape. It handles very well and has lots of take off power and speed. It's a lot easier to park than you might figure. It also has plenty of room on the inside. It has a lot of interior features, including a nice radio with a 6 CD player. The only thing I'd like to have different on the interior is I wish the seats were a little thicker and the gas tank held more gas.

Why I love my Escape
By Donner on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle handles well and rides great. I have owed several ford vehicles and this one is one I would purchase again. It also gets great gas mileage in town and as well as highway.

I love mine!
By leisuretravel on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my escape as soon as the 2005 models came out and I got it fully loaded ....I love it...I'm a small woman with a big dog and a son and a husband, it accomodates me perfectly. I had a small convertable before and my son could never see anything from the backseat because it sat so low. Now he sees and comments on everything(he's six). I'll always buy Ford!

Love my ESCAPE!!!!!!!
By Liliabeame on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Escape... I waited 3 yrs to get it and enjoy the fun in driving it... Love the interior room and looks of the vehicle...

A Pleasure to Drive
By RochesterNY on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It looks and handles great. It has a lot of pick-up and has a little extra when you go to pass someone on the highway. We love the interrior space, that was a big selling point. My Wife and I disagree on the comfort. She has found the seats to be very hard and somewhat uncomfortable, but it does not bother me. We drove several other Small SUV's on the market, Honda C-RV, Jeep Liberty, and the Santa Fe. None could match power, pick-up, handling and the over all comfort of the Escape.

My first SUV
By Rodney Vaughn on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the comfort, speed and looks of my first SUV. I think that if you take one for a test drive you will also.