Used 2004 Ford Escape Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Would buy another one!
By kwilliams

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Escape for convenience. My kids getting their own cars I didn't need a van anymore. Wanted to down size my car. This Escape was a one owner and seldom driven. I have had only usual stuff done. I have never had it to fail in starting or going where I need to go, either on the highway or in a hay field! Dependable and good on gas! 24 hwy and alittle less city. Good buy for me! Sun roof does hesitate to open or close sometime.

Roomy, outside looks small compared to the inside! Can haul a lot of stuff! Fun to drive. Sun roof and 6 cd player.

Less noise inside and out. Button in front for hatch to open.

Had problems
By Rob

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my 2004 Escape LTD in Feb. 2004. Two years later, at 20,000 miles, the car had a "complete failure of the transmission" (the dealership's words). The whole transmission had to be replaced. I have also had problems with the sun roof not opening correctly. Also, sometimes when I start the car the treble on the radio comes on but not the bass, and I have to restart the car to get the radio to work correctly. Plus, in cold weather the driver window squeaks horribly when you roll it up/down. I owned a 2001 Escape for three years and loved it so much I went back for the 2004 LTD. The problems I've had with it, especially with the transmission, have soured me to Fords.

Size, body style, ease of driving.

Build a better transmission!

My second one!
By Catherine Busso

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All the comforts of a larger, heavier SUV, but lightweight ... and easy to handle. I love the ease of opening the hood and the back. It's great for women! It's my second Escape Limited and has wonderful leather seats that heat up.

Awesome sound system, and adjustable driver seat. Easy to handle, not too heavy.

More colors to choose from would be nice.

Live in my car
By VISTING NURSE

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The pick-up is great in a go situation- It handles great, is perfect for my type of job--Iím in it 5 days a week, in and out-stop and go-I practically live in my Escape 45 hrs a week.

I love the moon roof; itís like a convertible, without messing up your hair-the 6- disc changer is wonderful for a day of traveling.

I feel a little cramped in the front seat-I think they need to be a little less rounded, a little more comfortable

Really like my first SUV.
By Rodney C.

2004 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving my Limited Escape. It handles very well and has lots of take off power and speed. It's a lot easier to park than you might figure. It also has plenty of room on the inside. It has a lot of interior features, including a nice radio with a 6 CD player. The only thing I'd like to have different on the interior is I wish the seats were a little thicker and the gas tank held more gas.

It looks good and handles very well. Uses regular unleaded gas. Fun to drive.

Make seats a little thicker so they would be more comfortable and make gas tanks larger.