You usually get a few pits with cherries
By newsuvdriverman on
2003 Ford Escape XLS Value Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Recent purchase. I'm (initially) very favorably impressed with the package. Good power (I don't remember the '89 Sable's 3.0V6 having this much OOMPH to it -- or dual cams/24 valves either). Steady ride, smooth handling, and good braking. So far, the gas mileage seems A-ok. This vehicle is just the right height for ease of entry, exit without any strain, or backache. The seat adjusts very well for the driver. This has a "throaty" sound that feedbacks through the cabin to let you know that you're driving a SUV that's got some zip potential. The turning radius is good, and visibility is very good. The vehicle looks very good, and sits very well. Options are all very nice. I strongly recommend it.
Favorite Features
I really like the way that the rear deck lid gets up and out of the way, without any sharp "headbumper" latches. Ease of entry/exit. Heated seats/mirrors. Stereo is great (it even tells the song name from the radio)! Smooth ride,and ease of handling. Leather interior looks very nice. Interior size is OK.
Suggested Improvements
Move that lumbar support back and down! Extend the seat squabs. Better side seat bolster. Limited with no glove box light? Put something in pockets/voids to hold things still. Reduce exhaust noise. Recess the back seat headrests. Where do I put them after I fold down rear seats? Backlight controls more.