2003 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Great Safe Vehicle

2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great Safe Vehicle
By Great Safe Vehicle on

2003 Ford Escape Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Escape new & have loved it from day one. With over 108K miles, it still has a lot of power & handles very well. The vehicle is very roomy, but is not difficult to maneuver like larger SUVs. I was just involved in a serious accident while driving my Escape and I have to commend it from a safety perspective. I was sitting at a red light and was hit from behind by a utility truck traveling at a high rate of speed. I was then pushed into the full sized truck in front of me. Unfortunately the Escape is a total loss, but I "escaped" with only a broken toe and a few bruises. I am very impressed with the overall safety of this vehicle and would certainly recommend it for any family.

Spacious for passengers and cargo, great pick-up, great luxury features of the Limited, still looked new after 5 years

Oil filter location is not ideal for maintenance, oil runs out on motor, etc creating quite a mess.