Used 2003 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

great value
By northerngirl1

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Ford Excape LXT has been a great, reliable vehicle. It doesn't handle as well as my Jeep Cherokee in the Minnesota Winters but it isn't as heavy either.
No complaints. I change the oil evert 3000 and rotate the tires every 6000 like clockwork.

At 95,000 miles....other than routine maintenance like brakes, replaced tie rod ends once, I haven't done anything major to it. Looks like new!

seats aren't too comfortable for long trip. hard and stiff.

I love my escape!
By esmith7

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My escape has 175,000 and has only needed minor maintenance repairs.

The only thing I do not like about the escape is the paint. Paint chips and peels. On both sides above the back tire there are getting to be huge rust spots.

Great Car
By Joy

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best car we have had. We keep up on maintenance and change oil every 3000 miles. This is my wife's car and she treats it much better than I treat my car. I have a ford explorer 1997 with 235,000 and no real problems with same water pump. Both cars are great. This SUV is very fun to drive in the snow. Handles great.

fun in snow and great sound system.

Gas mileage is not great but ok for an SUV.

It's A winner
By Donna

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven cross-country from west coast to east. I call my car the Willy Nelson b/c its on the road again and again. I love my car. It's old now I find myself having to replace brakes a lot often but I think its b/c I'm being taken advantage of by mechanics.

6-CD changer. and spacious.

I'm satisfied with it.

I'm Escaping Ford to get a Yugo
By Bill

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford, don't know what you're doing, but I know you're not building a tough, reliable vehicle. Within 35k miles: trans. shot, paint shot, brakes shot. Stalls periodically. The geniuses at dealer, at the ones who could form complete sentences, can't find anything wrong. Will never, ever, so much as drive by another Ford dealership. I'm done with them.

Someone will end up making a few bucks when this piece of junk is sold for scrap metal

My suggestion: Ford, move to either Eastern Europe or some third world country. They don't recognize crap so readily as those of us in industrialized countries do. You may have a few years left there.