2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great Mini SUV
By SuvHappy on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been three months and 4,000 miles and i can`t find a thing that i don`t like about my Escape XLT Sport. It turns alot of heads when i drive by. The No Boundries roof rack and the sport wheels and tires give it the extra special touch of class along with the leather interior and the 6CD sterio. Averaged 23mpg on trips @65/70 mph. It handles great, rides great. Nothing more to say but>>>>> I LOVE IT.

Ford Escape XLT
By roeaz on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Escape is fun to drive - smooth riding, transmission is smooth, and has power in the 6cylinder.

Lovin it so far!
By Escaping with it on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it only a few weeks, but I'm loving it. No problems so far. Great power, handling, space etc for a small SUV. Mom has a Tribute ES-AWD, and I think the Ford is quicker and handles better (feels much lighter w/o the AWD). Also, the 02 Escape gear shifter is not in the way of the radio (as it does in the 01 Tribute)!! My gas mileage so far has been a little dissapointing, though.

New Ownder
By Beth AA on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Escape a few weeks ago. I did a lot of research before my purchase and am very happy with my decision. I took it on its first road trip and it did great! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking to buy a Mini SUV.

Fun, with very few flaws
By Ketch22 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am really loving my new Escape. After getting over the initial "wow I got a new car" feeling, I can honestly say that I bought the right car for me. I used to own a Mustang but needed more room and something that could comfortably hold more than 2 people. It has a lot of pep and very good sight lines in the drivers seat. Very nice factory stereo and gets much better gas mileage than I thought it should. One flaw is the cheap interior and exterior door handles. Sometimes I feel like I could snap them off with a good tug.

Escapin
By ugasteve on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had it a month but have enjoyed it thoroughly. Have taken it on a few 150 mile trips and it has handled it well. Good pickup with the V6 and it handles well too. My first SUV and I love it. Reccomended over many of the other mini suv's. Drove the others but enjoyed this the most.

Great inexpensive SUV
By LaurieP on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little SUV. I was a always a car driver - and this feels quite like a car - so for those looking for a truck feel, you dont' get it. I traded a Toyota Avalon, so the ride is not in the same class, but the new Avalon is over $10,000.00 more than I paid for the Escape.

Best of it's kind
By Richi on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Gets you anywhere.Im not talking about offroad competition driving. Who wants all those overrated lower gear ratio downhill automatic power drive, and God knows what other names are around. The Escape is more than satisfactory for any kind of road situation.