2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
BEST IVE OWNED
By JDS on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I must say this compact suv is the best vehicle ive owned so far.Ive tried many different vehicles but none stood up to the stability and held up to the honor this vehicle does.My last truck didnt last me more than year and half of my life.I drove it from 7 miles to 35000 miles in that 18 months i owned it and had nothing but transmission problems.My ford escape has been the best in room looks reliability and stability for me and has far suprased the test of my drivingfar surpased any expectations i had imagined.Ive had the prevlidgeand state that everyone should takethe chance to experience the love you could have for this vehicle!!

Satisfied but with reservations
By JimAmIsl on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a fun vehicle to drive. I wanted a small SUV for short distance driving and this has been the perfect auto for my purpose. Back passenger seats fold down easily making room for plenty of cargo. Major problem at 24,000 miles...the auto transmission started to slip between gear changes. The dealer replaced the transmission and all appears to be fine. I believe there may be a technical bulletin by Ford for transmission problems with mileage over 20,000 for problems like I was experiencing.

stand back other suv's - here come ford
By on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought the sunshine yellow with leather, sun roof, etc. what a great vehicle & easy to find in the parking lot!

escape vs other small suv's
By Brad Spellman on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the honda crv and the mitsubishi outlander. Both of these vehicles were four cylinders and just didn't have the pep of the escape six cylinder. The interior is roomy and outside very stylish. We've had one nine inch snow storm and one ice storm. The escape handled like a charm in bad weather. The extra power is well worth it despite a slight drop in full economy. So far I'm averaging twenty five mpg on the highway and a very smooth ride at that

Love the Ford Escape!
By jus2rosi on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great SUV for the price! V6 engine is a real plus with this SUV, can really get up and go. Lot's of space and cargo room, seats fold down with little effort for even more cargo! Independent wheel suspension is awesome, has a smooth ride. Extra's like electric moon roof, locks, windows, mirrors, seats, 6- CD player, rear defroster and tons of storage just add to the comfort of this vehicle. The Escape is great in all weather conditions and is a real surprise with the two wheel drive! We have been so pleased with the Escape and its performance, thanks Ford for a real WINNER!

Awesome Car
By lbhsrays on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am 16 and i just got a licence. I was lookin for a small car like a Eclipe but my mom said for safety to get a SUV. I love the Escape now that i have it. Its awesome inside and out, and drives fast. I could afford it, and its a good car even for teens. (all my freinds love it)

Fantastic Value Ford Escape for 2003
By hammysdad on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

There is only two Ford Escape for 2003 that I find other vehicles in the same class beat our vehicle with: 1. rear cargo shade that insert like a toilet paper roll is cheaply made and does not have a handle like many others to pull toward you to cover your cargo 2. the storage in the rear cargo is not as nicely appointed as others. Other than that nothing touches it for style, quality, and value.

What a great "FUN" SUV!!!
By Reza Garajedaghi on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had it for a day, but what a great car. Everyone who has seen it has loved it and I have already taken 12 of my freinds for a spin.

2002 Ford Escape
By pipelineguy on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Interior could use less plastic - needs padded arm rests/door panels. Overall a fun vehicle to drive. Gas mileage is decent. The only problem I've had in 7000 miles is a faulty wiper arm.

Style in an Economy Powered SUV
By Mark Owen on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Economy SUV with good style and road manners. Driving it is very much fun with its powered V6 3.0 engine, and with the easy handling as result of its body/Chassis made from a car-frame. The design is outstanding, and bring the eyes of many others around. Ford did it this time. Small families with normal needs and reduced income will love the Escape.