2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Look Elsewhere
By American made on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Clumsy seating. Poor console setup. The future of American engineering at its worst. Transmission problems within first 2 months (dealer replaced it, though they were hesitant). Two tires needed replacing, due to bubble developements. Not very happy so far. I should have compared other similar vehicles, before jumping the gun.

Escape 2002 with V6 FWD
By John4funmf on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Compared to other cars in the subcompact SUV class, the Escape's V6 engine has the power and performance to lead the pack. Although our family's lifestyle including Summer camping trips traveling via unimproved roads and Winter ski trips in Western New York, we did not feel that we need 4wd. The front wheel drive version has been enough to get us where we want to go. An added benefit is better gas mileage with the FWD. On highway, we average 25 mpg and in city 23 mpg.

2002 Escape
By jkr on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my ford Escape in an all around package it's hard to beat. Very fun to drive! Easy to see out of,easy to move about- park

Good SUV
By Wesman on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far its been a very good SUV. Good performance, handling and design. Gas mileage is average for a V6, better than the 4.0 jeep but worse than the Japanese V6's. Drives like a car, and very good off-road and I don't even have the 4wd.

Escape Review
By jxk123 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best Car I ever leased. I could not be happier. I read other peoples reviews and test drove the escape. It rides even better then I thought it would.

wifes new suv
By vmc on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great over all SUV, this is my wifes and she has nothing but good things to say about it. The only things that she and I do not like are that the leather seats are too firm and it has no outside temp or compass feature.

Let It Snow!
By Luv It on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a rented Escape for a week in Colorado I was hooked! It was comfortable (which for me is very important, I am short and this is the first vehicle that I can drive and not feel like the steering wheel and dash are in my chest),peppy, and quiet. My driveway is 200 feet long, uphill to get out in the morning and with even an inch of snow I was never able to get out with my minivan. Now, even with 8" the Escape doesn't even struggle, it just plows right through to the top! All though I did tons of research prior to buying, I went with the Escape and I'm so glad I did!

cheap build quality--buy a jeep liberty
By jbenn on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i looked at the liberty and escape/tribute..the escape has horrible build quality on the interior, it looks so cheaply built that it won't last 3 yrs..the seats were uncomfortable, plastics bad, fit/finish were not neat, carpets and fabrics all low grade, controls cheap looking, engine loud, transmission not smooth, steering a little spongy..jeep liberty is built much better for the same price, only complaint is seats don't fold down all the way on the liberty

aka Ice Capade
By Vader78 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice Vehicle, would purchase again

The best SUV
By HCBBAGGINS on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has to be the best Suv. I have the 2003 Ford Escape 4x4 Limited fully loaded. The color is True Blue with Tan Leather interior. Of all the Suv's I test drove this one handles the best and has alot of pick up. It also has the most opitions in it's class.