Used 2003 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

great car
By bjcgolf

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Fun to drive. Good features. Price hard to beat.

The large amount of cargo room and passenger room for a compact SUV.

Wonderful SUV!!!
By goldsend

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! It's car foundation gives it handling that is perfect for the city, but it is substantial enough that light trails hardly felt any different than the road. It only has a 15 gallon gas tank so when on the highway I have to stop often to fill the tank. I bought the new 'Gold Ash' color(very distinctive). The back seat is roomy and I have personally fit three kids and a dog in the back at once and everybody was still comfortable. My chief complaint is knob placement inside. The knob's are grouped close to the steering wheel and difficult to see sometimes. Other than these relativly minor complaints overall a great car for any active person.

V6 gives it plenty of pep. Handling is great. Visibility all around is fantastic.

A larger gas tank would be nice. Knob and switch placement could be done better. Plastic interior faces look cheaply made.

My Company Vehicle
By repcritter

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recieved this vehicle as a company lease and I LOVE It. As a pharmaceutical rep and travel a lot and need plenty of space for samples and promos. My vehicle has to be comfortable and spacious. While my Escape is not huge, it is sufficient for my needs and the driver's seat fits me well. My Escape has leather interior and 6 CD stereo and power seat. The visibilty is great due to the elevated chasis and well located windows. All controls are well within reach and the ride is not at all like a truck. My kids think it is SPORTY! and love to ride in it. Overall, the quality of my Escape is superior to all of my previous company vehicles.

All are my favorite, my escape is the total package......

Love my Escape
By Cherona

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am ecstatic about my new Ford Escape. It's not too big or too small, drives great, has a little pep in its pickup and for a SUV it's pretty darn good on gas. I'm glad that I chose my Escape over the Hyundai Santa Fe and Chevy Blazer. I couldn't be happier.

V-6, power windows and locks, rear window wiper.

The grey interior seats seem to pick up everything. I would suggest some sort of stain guard standard.

great car
By DAVID MACKAY

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

had for 2 yrs love it will get another