2003 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Built for a man, but made for a woman.
By Globlssd on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second SUV. It drives better than the Infinite, much smoother. I have over 25,000 miles on my 2002. The only problem I experienced was the heating system going out. It was still under warranty, Ford fixed it, but couldn't explain why it happened. I drive 50 miles each day to work. Considered something with better gas mileage but I love my Escape.

Excellent SUV
By jaychuks on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving my Escape for about a month now and I love it! I also have a GMC Jimmy in the family and I have to say that I love driving the Escape even more. The one wish that I have though is to rip the driver's seat out of the Jimmy and place it in the Escape. That would be heaven. You gotta love how car makers get away with the ONE power seat though! The Escape handles like a dream on icy and snowy road conditions. I have test driven a few cars in my time and I have the most confidence driving the Escape far and above all of the rest of them. If you are in the market for a smaller SUV then make sure you at least give this one a test drive...

Always Ford
By zadyl on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the limited edition. Vehicle is as stated fun to drive, amazing gas milage.Controls somewhat difficult to get used to, particulaly the wind screen controls, back and front.

Escape is awesome
By CPLJAB on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had been searching for an SUV that wasn't monstrous but had all of the features I wanted. The escape fills the bill. I love driving it. The design is great and it's a good looking car. The 4X4 works great...better then I tought it would for a small SUV. It wqas better then my last explorer. The snow storm recently also verified the high- quality ford build that I expect now.

This Thang Ain't No Joke
By Cherbox on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLS Popular 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle Sept 2000 when they first came out. I have driven in the snow, but the snowstorm of 2003 proved to me "This Thang Ain't No Joke". I had no problem pulling out of piles of snow and I have to drive on the prkwy and I put this sucker into 4x4 and made it safely home.

A good little SUV
By jaychuk on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for a bout a month now, and I still love driving it. We also have a GMC Jimmy in the family and I like driving the Escape even better. It handles great on ice and snow (which is very important here in the Great White NOrth).

ExcellentSCAPE
By Bite me, Chevy boy on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV, and we're extremely pleased with it so far. We've had it three months, and have nearly 6,000 miles already. It's a blast to drive because of its willing engine and capable handling. We love how it sounds, how it smells, how it feels, and how it looks. We highly recommend this vehicle (especially with the Appearance Package).

nice machine
By mortgage man on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 3 weeks now and I can't think of a single thing that I'm not happy with. The build quality seems to be excellent. There are no rattles or squeaks - the car just feels very tight and glued down. It's very roomy inside and very versatile.

By bythesea on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Popular 2 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable drive during long drives. All over fun to drive, don't care for the low gas milage.

Look Elsewhere
By American made on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Clumsy seating. Poor console setup. The future of American engineering at its worst. Transmission problems within first 2 months (dealer replaced it, though they were hesitant). Two tires needed replacing, due to bubble developements. Not very happy so far. I should have compared other similar vehicles, before jumping the gun.