2003 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great Safe Vehicle
By Great Safe Vehicle on 08/30/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Escape new & have loved it from day one. With over 108K miles, it still has a lot of power & handles very well. The vehicle is very roomy, but is not difficult to maneuver like larger SUVs. I was just involved in a serious accident while driving my Escape and I have to commend it from a safety perspective. I was sitting at a red light and was hit from behind by a utility truck traveling at a high rate of speed. I was then pushed into the full sized truck in front of me. Unfortunately the Escape is a total loss, but I "escaped" with only a broken toe and a few bruises. I am very impressed with the overall safety of this vehicle and would certainly recommend it for any family.

I am about to switch to a hybrid
By Claudia Schumacker on 03/13/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I have traveled some fun retirement miles in our Escape Limited. I love the heated leather seats. We are ready to make the big switch to the hybrid. Gas prices are awful and I hear really good things about this Escape. The car is loaded and very comfortable on our long trips. The only remotely negative feature is the stiff bumpy ride and it's a little too noisy. But, I wouldn't trade it for any other SUV.

So far, so good.
By cowpie on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

15k so far and only a couple of minor problems. Has great acceleration for a v6 and we get 22-24 mpg. Wife loves the heated seats, backup beeper and the moonroof. Enough room in the back for the kids.

We love this little guy!
By Sharonxtxr on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We are so pleased with this small SUV, our first but not last. We have already used it for a motel, love the seat warmers and extra handles for the older generation. Love the heating and air conditioning system too. So simple.

Best vehicle yet
By Canon's Cottage on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Now living in winter snow country, I needed a solid 4wd vehicle. I got it in the Escape Limited. The vehicle is loaded with all the options I can imagine. Having purchased it 800 miles from home (it pays to have a reliable car dealer with whom I know I will be given the best options), I drove through desert, up and down mountains, winding rural roads, and a thunder storm. It handled perfectly. I also considered a Land Rover Freelander and even a preowned certified Lexus RX300. This was best value for the price, and I couldn't be happier.

additional option needed
By nodak on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I do with the Escape would come with an option of weather temp and driving direction gauge on the rear view mirror.

Daves Escape
By s9817 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've always owned sports cars until the Escape. It's the most fun I've had with a car.

Handles like a sports car
By Afterburner on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted an Explorer, but when I drove the Limited, I was hooked. It comes with everything. No complaints. I have yet to see another one on the road and its great to see heads turn. Its fun driving something no one else has.

Eco Vehicle
By greentara on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been a compact car owner for years, despising the large gas guzzling SUV's for the waste and damage they cause. However, I own and run a small video production company and needed more payload for my equipment. I first noticed the Escape hybrid, but then realized the Escape got better milage than many sedans on the road. Since I've owned the Escape, I been impressed with it's features and eagerness to please. A great realiable, eco friendly solution.

Excellent Small Vehicle
By Tsantell on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I saw the Escape and I right away thought this was a cool small SUV I liked the SUV's since they came out on the market but I did not want the big size it was just not for me or my family so when the Escape was available my wife an I din't think twice this was it. I enjoy the driving the power and the comfort of the vehicle. TS