Used 2003 Ford Escape Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great Safe Vehicle
By Great Safe Vehicle

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Escape new & have loved it from day one. With over 108K miles, it still has a lot of power & handles very well. The vehicle is very roomy, but is not difficult to maneuver like larger SUVs. I was just involved in a serious accident while driving my Escape and I have to commend it from a safety perspective. I was sitting at a red light and was hit from behind by a utility truck traveling at a high rate of speed. I was then pushed into the full sized truck in front of me. Unfortunately the Escape is a total loss, but I "escaped" with only a broken toe and a few bruises. I am very impressed with the overall safety of this vehicle and would certainly recommend it for any family.

Spacious for passengers and cargo, great pick-up, great luxury features of the Limited, still looked new after 5 years

Oil filter location is not ideal for maintenance, oil runs out on motor, etc creating quite a mess.

I am about to switch to a hybrid
By Claudia Schumacker

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I have traveled some fun retirement miles in our Escape Limited. I love the heated leather seats. We are ready to make the big switch to the hybrid. Gas prices are awful and I hear really good things about this Escape. The car is loaded and very comfortable on our long trips. The only remotely negative feature is the stiff bumpy ride and it's a little too noisy. But, I wouldn't trade it for any other SUV.

So far, so good.
By cowpie

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

15k so far and only a couple of minor problems. Has great acceleration for a v6 and we get 22-24 mpg. Wife loves the heated seats, backup beeper and the moonroof. Enough room in the back for the kids.

Good gas mileage, acceleration and roominess.

Ignition key location, I have to bend over and look everytime I insert the key.

We love this little guy!
By Sharonxtxr

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We are so pleased with this small SUV, our first but not last. We have already used it for a motel, love the seat warmers and extra handles for the older generation. Love the heating and air conditioning system too. So simple.

This car is small and yet a lot of get up and go.Smooth riding and versitile

Road noise, too much, we paid $230 at another shop and it is still not good enough.We loved the gage telling us of the available gas in our last car.

Best vehicle yet
By Canon's Cottage

2003 Ford Escape SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Now living in winter snow country, I needed a solid 4wd vehicle. I got it in the Escape Limited. The vehicle is loaded with all the options I can imagine. Having purchased it 800 miles from home (it pays to have a reliable car dealer with whom I know I will be given the best options), I drove through desert, up and down mountains, winding rural roads, and a thunder storm. It handled perfectly. I also considered a Land Rover Freelander and even a preowned certified Lexus RX300. This was best value for the price, and I couldn't be happier.

Leather seats (I wasn't sure I'd like them at first), natural layout of dash and controls, cargo room, both exterior and interior design, handling on various types of roads, sound system, adjusting rear view mirror,and yes, I too like the backup beepers.

Separate control to open cargo door, auto door locking when moving from reverse to drive, mirror compass.

• SUV