2003 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Pretty good
By Monifa Johnson on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car could be improved by Ford. I don't think they gave it their all.

Best SUV
By Schwendy on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

You simply could not design a better SUV! Though it is called a mini SUV, you would never know from the inside, with plenty of leg and head room for all passengers. The features I feel set this car aside form the compedition were its great looks, interior space, great acceleration, and very responsive steering. It hanles much more like a car than a large sluggish SUV. It doesn't hurt you at the pump either, with about 21 mpg average in the city with the V6 engin. I can honestly say I don't have a single complaint after 6 months and 11,000 miles. If your in the mini SUV market stop looking and buy a Ford Escape! You won't regret it, I promise!

H-Lo's Little SUV
By H-Lo on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Okay. Easier to drive around town than 2 previous Explorers. Seats a little hard on long trips. Husband misses his larger Explorer leg room and seat comfort. Transmission very 'jerky' at times. A little concerned after seeing crash test results. Next SUV a Volvo??

Escape
By nana Lori on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far I thoroughly enjoy my vehicle.......I think gas mileage could be better ( my v-8, 1997 thunderbird got better mileage ) I need something higher off the ground as I am tall and have bad knees........very glad I picked the 2003 Escape. I would probably get another if I needed to. Thanks..........

Overall Disappointment
By Cruising on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Month 2 in the shop electrical problems Month 5 front wheel bearings needed replacing Seats very uncomfortable side bags are not standard air conditioner slow to cool exterior side bar steps are unnecessary poor quality speakers independent suspension makes it wiggle on the highway Cabin very noisy on the road Key ignition is in the wrong place Ford stands behind warranty but who wants so many repairs the first year

Escape
By Angela23456 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Teh Ford Escape has been a wonderful car to drive. It gets fairly good gas mileage and handles very well in all driving situations. Was very comfortable for my fiance and I along with our beagle to make a drive to Atlanta. I highly recommend this SUV for anyone that wants a small car that can hold its own with the big guys.

Love It!!
By Richko on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2nd SUV- bad luck with Honda (transmission)

fun to drive
By steve on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

performance,reliabilty,gas mileage,all have been way ahead of what ive expected. This vehicle is fun to drive,practical and very comfortable.

marks escape
By marksescacpe on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great vehicle and fun to drive too

Love the car but...
By AileenS on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Premium Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love how the Ford Escape drives. It is very spaceous and its adjustable seats are very accomodating. The SUV runs smoothly. However..I have had to take it to the dealer twice already under its warranty. The first time due to the check engine light coming on for no apparent reason and the other because it stalled on me while driving on a city street. Even with these experiences I am still satisfied with the vehicle = ).