2003 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Wonderful SUV!!!
By goldsend on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! It's car foundation gives it handling that is perfect for the city, but it is substantial enough that light trails hardly felt any different than the road. It only has a 15 gallon gas tank so when on the highway I have to stop often to fill the tank. I bought the new 'Gold Ash' color(very distinctive). The back seat is roomy and I have personally fit three kids and a dog in the back at once and everybody was still comfortable. My chief complaint is knob placement inside. The knob's are grouped close to the steering wheel and difficult to see sometimes. Other than these relativly minor complaints overall a great car for any active person.

Love my Escape
By Cherona on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am ecstatic about my new Ford Escape. It's not too big or too small, drives great, has a little pep in its pickup and for a SUV it's pretty darn good on gas. I'm glad that I chose my Escape over the Hyundai Santa Fe and Chevy Blazer. I couldn't be happier.

I LOVE IT!
By Pprecious on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is awesome. It does not feel top heavy. It drives like the perfect car, with enough room to haul what I need. Would not trade it for anything.

2003 Ford Escape XLS 2WD 3.0L
By colbri on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has by far provided the most enjoyable driving experience of all the Fords I have owned over the years. In my opinion,its handling, performance and fuel economy, not to mention good looks, place it a head above the others in its class that I tested before settling on this particular Ford product.

Good Choice
By Turnerpj on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle for a young family. We have enough room for small children, plus all the cargo we have to hall around with them! In addition, since it is a smaller SUV it is great for parking and easy to handle. It is a really sturdy vehicle though. The only aspect I would change is to make the doors a bit more solid. They are safe, but very light and sometimes you have to really slam them to get them to click. Overall though, a great purchase for us!

More Funner
By F150MAN on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just took the XLS-V6 for a spin at the dealership. Purchasing this Monday for the wife. FUN RIDE! Plenty of power on demand. Agility you would expect from a sedan. Not as rough of a ride as my F- 150. Nice styling. Smooth shifts from the tranny. Great pricing. Roomy interior, plenty of rear seat leg room. Overall, I think Ford is on to something with this one.

Excellent Car
By Hailey Mitchell on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think this car is really great. It has good mileage and is very comfy. I like the way it is built and I am sure you will like it and its price.

Amazing
By nightfossil on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a Ford Mustang to the Escape and could not be more happy. I loved my stang but I needed more room for camping and fishing. The Escape answers with a carlike ride a very peppy V6, excellent handling and comfort, very quiet interior, and room as promised. I do not usually go far off road, and this (2WD!!!)SUV easily handled the trail.

What a great "FUN" SUV!!!
By Reza Garajedaghi on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had it for a day, but what a great car. Everyone who has seen it has loved it and I have already taken 12 of my freinds for a spin.

New 2003 Excellent
By PWABUSCH on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLS Popular Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I spent major time looking and test driving Hyundai , Honda , Mazda etc. and reading reviews on all of them including Ford Escape. This smaller midsize SUV is about the very best "bang for the buck" . I used to have a Ford Explorer so let me tell you guys , this Escape is NO ladies SUV. Great ride , vision , mileage and plenty of power to tow my 18 foot LUND boat!