2003 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Wonderful little SUV.
By fun to drive on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With 10K miles on it, my wife and I are loving our new Escape: the combination of small size outside and great interior space, the fun driving experience, the "Mach" radio upgrade, etc. Build quality is excellent - no glitches at all. Ride is a good mix of car and truck -- not nearly as tippy as the little Toyota and Honda we tested. My only complaint is my own fault -- I ordered 2 wheel drive, not 4 wheel. The Escape can really accelerate quickly from a stand-still, but with only 2 wheels to transfer the power to the ground, I can't enjoy this as much as I would like.

My Company Vehicle
By repcritter on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recieved this vehicle as a company lease and I LOVE It. As a pharmaceutical rep and travel a lot and need plenty of space for samples and promos. My vehicle has to be comfortable and spacious. While my Escape is not huge, it is sufficient for my needs and the driver's seat fits me well. My Escape has leather interior and 6 CD stereo and power seat. The visibilty is great due to the elevated chasis and well located windows. All controls are well within reach and the ride is not at all like a truck. My kids think it is SPORTY! and love to ride in it. Overall, the quality of my Escape is superior to all of my previous company vehicles.

Great Little SUV
By ca_giraffe on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my red Escape from Barber Ford in Ventura, CA. It is the XLT, Popular 2, 2WD. It also has a sunroof and sidestep bars. I had rented an Escape prior to purchasing my own, and found the car to be affordable, fun, and practical. I have driven my Escape 12K miles in the past three months, and it has performed well. I am 6' 1", and appreciate the power driver's seat. I have not had any problems with my car, and would recommend it to others.

Brake for an Escape !
By Taticat on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun and economic vehicle. I am in love with my '02 Escape because of it's responsiveness, safety, and beauty. BUT ..... I think I got a jinxed model - I am having problems with the brake light and an apparent leak in the brake fluid liquid container. I have been to the dealer 4 times and I am ready to get rid of the car. Maybe I got a faulty model because I have researched this model and haven't stumbled upon chronic brake issue with my car.

Excellent
By taurusescape on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Feels great when driving it. The passengers feel good even in the back seats.

Escape Fits Our Needs
By John E. Baker on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at a number of "mini-SUVs." The Ford Escape fit our needs best. It's the right size (not too big and not too small), we're confident that it will be safe and reliable, and it's fun to drive.

Ford Escape
By thecloser4 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This so far has been a great vehicle. would have liked to see perhaps a little more comfort in drivers seat.

LOVE MY ESCAPE
By JANET on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I THINK THE ESCAPE IS THE PERFECT SUV. I ENJOY THE RIDE AS IT IS SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE. IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE A TRUCK, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A TRUCK CAPACITY. MY PASSENGERS STATE THAT THE BACK SEAT IS ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE FOR THEM.

a little disappointed
By MarkfromLA on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The first week I had to return it because the radiator had a hole in it from the factory. Nine months later, at 12,000 miles, a wheel bearing went out. A little later, someone ran a redlight and wrecked the vehicle. It took 3 weeks to fix because Ford was VERY slow in getting replacement parts to the body shop. This vehicle has cost me a huge loss of time because of problems Ford could easily solve. Based on my experience with this vehicle, I won't buy another Ford.

Lovin it so far!
By Escaping with it on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Escape SUV XLT Popular 2 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had it only a few weeks, but I'm loving it. No problems so far. Great power, handling, space etc for a small SUV. Mom has a Tribute ES-AWD, and I think the Ford is quicker and handles better (feels much lighter w/o the AWD). Also, the 02 Escape gear shifter is not in the way of the radio (as it does in the 01 Tribute)!! My gas mileage so far has been a little dissapointing, though.