2002 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Rate this Vehicle

2002 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT Choice 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Rate this Vehicle
By martina on

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I travel 50 plus miles a day in my Ford Escape. I find that it handles very well in very wet roads and in the winter I feel very secure in the manner in which it "hugs" the road, especially on curves. My V6 engine has great pick-up speed and right now I am averaging 28mpg. Since I am the main driver of this vehicle I have had very few opportunities to be a passenger, but I do remember driving to North Dakota from Iowa. I had the back seat. I found that being a passenger in the back seat was not the most joyful experience. There wasn't enough room for ones "tush." I had the feeling that I was always sliding down. I would definitely buy another ford Escape.

Great stereo system, the adjustable side mirrors, maneuverability, size and style.

More cushion/padding on the rear seats. A reading light that will pull out and adjust "from the door." Plug ins in the back. Instead of cup holders and that slot in the middle make half of that a cooler the same length of a can or plastic bottle and deep instead of wider, like 3 cans deep, 2 cans wide.