2002 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Clean Package of Power
By ithndr on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle, fun to drive. I've owned over 30 automobiles including 4 SUV's, but this car is the best value (looks, performance, quality. price) for the investment.

2002 Ford Escape Overview
By M.A.F. on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I REALLY AM FOND OF MY ESCAPE, HOWEVER, THE GAS MILAGE HAS BEEN A DISAPOINTMENT.THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE TRUCK IS GETING THE ADVERTISED GAS MILAGE.I AM ALSO SOMEWHAT DISAPOINTED IN THE PAINT FINISH. THE FINISH SEEMS TO SCRATCH QUITE EASILY.

Sweet Sorrow
By rjc on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Maybe isolated. I traded in my Escape before the 3 year/36000 mile warranty. Had multiple electronic issues. Dash lights would go out, stereo lights, brake lights.They were fairly minor but I wasn't about to keep after warranty expired.Would Still have car otherwise. It;s fun to drive, milege wasnt' too bad

Fun and Capable
By JaxMax on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Escape. It moves well, handles well and is comfortable for my 6'1" frame. Visability is excellent and parks nimbly. At 31,000 miles my only problems have been a faulty CD player and some weird electical problems when it rains hard. I am concerned about reliability over time, especially the electronics. Overall, I enjoy it, use to carry lots of stuff and would recommend it to others.

Excellent Vehicle
By shadow597 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent Car with no problems. It has run great and fuel consumption has been less than expected for a SUV.

Quality Ford SUV
By brian olney on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My back window blew out, defroster shorted out, but ford was great, gave me a taurus with 38 miles on it and had my car fixed in one day.

Wouldn't trade it for the world
By Sheli on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Escape in 2001 because I wanted an SUV that wouldn't "break the bank" with gas mileage. I consistently get 20 MPG and have had only one mechanical problem. I have 50000 miles on it with no intentions of trading it in. I love this SUV!!

DON'T DO IT
By codilh on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLS Value 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!! I've had more problems with the Ford Escape than any other vehicle that I've ever owned. 550 miles - all new gas lines 15000 miles - new transmission 16000 miles - leaking windows, windows off track 30000 miles - new brakes & rotors; new accelorator pedal & throttle; new stearing gear

Great Escape
By Keunhaeng Huh on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's a pretty good car. except the interior..

Hoping it lasts
By shelloaz on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the way my Escape drives and looks. I wish it didn't have so many little problems. This is my first time owning a Ford, I don't think I will be buying another one. I have had a problem with the check engine light coming on, fixed at dealer. A/C control knob broke, A/C is not very cold, having that checked in a couple of days, clunking sound coming from brakes when stopping. For a vehicle only 1 yr. old I didn't expect all these problems. My Toyota's always lasted 200,000 miles with very few problems, mostly towards the end. I just hope my ESCAPE makes it without bankruping us.