2002 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Great
By Jack Handy on 03/08/02 10:10 AM (PST)

Great Vehicle

Good ride!
By Paul Sander on 03/07/02 23:11 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my explorer for the Escape. I couldn't be more satisfied. Better mileage, more reliable and fun to drive. V6 is a must. Front wheel drive makes the 4x4 a luxury. Has as much interior room as the explorer. You do lose soom space in the back cargo area. Very good value.

Bullseye!
By scape2 on 03/07/02 18:14 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford and Mazda hit it right on the money and many don't like it! This SUV had a rough start and many took advantage of initial problems and let them be known. I am a proud owner of a 2001 V6 XLT 4x4 in beautiful black. Loaded with stepbars, sunroof, bike racks, tint, 6CD changer the works. I take it skiing, fishing and tow my jet skiis. Granted, the interior needs a little updating but its no worse than a Suzuki, or Honda interior..

Extremely happy with this terrific SUV
By Jason ESi-T on 03/06/02 12:56 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle. The car always gets stares from people, and keeps me looking back at it when I walk away. It's the first SUV I've bought, and so far, it's everything I've expected. We've just had a bad week of ice/snow, and the SUV has again proved its worth. The poor gas mileage was expected, but the sheer delight of owning this fabulous automobile was definitely a pleasant surprise.

My Escape
By 1stSUV on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and am loving it. It has great visibility, and handles very well in the snow. I have about 3500 miles on it and enjoy driving it. Easy to get in and out of it. My grandma enjoys driving and riding in it. Great for taking the kids out. Comfortable and spacious. Doesn't compromise the power by having better gas mileage than other SUV's. I highly recommend one!

My First Ford
By catwoman on 03/05/02 15:09 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first FORD. Lot of car for the money - very happy with the car, fun to drive - to much wind noise. Overall, very happy.

Ford EscapeFun to Drive
By Tigerman on 03/05/02 11:46 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently bought a 2002 Ford Escape. Fun to drive, comfortable, excellent looks. Rear seats extremely comfortable. Excellent 6 Disc CD Changer radio. Sound quality awesome.

Great SUV
By Davesw on 03/01/02 23:53 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am thrilled with this SUV. It's performace for cost is wonderful. Home run for Ford!

Loads of fun
By atldfan on 03/01/02 08:16 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Having owned a Mustang GT and a Taurus, I find the Escape a great combination of both. A sporty drive and room for people and stuff. It corners impeccably, yet the handling is forgiving. I have a 70 mile commute each day, and take road trips into the mountains. The Escape is at home on the highway and back roads, as long as they are paved. Since many of the parts are shared with a Taurus, I have had some of the same HV/AC problems with the Escape.

2002 Escape
By Tell3131 on 02/28/02 11:43 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Escape 2WD XLT Premium is a fun SUV to drive and has plenty of cargo space. The only complaint is the shift mechanism for the automatic gets in the way of the way of stereo controls.