2002 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Engine trashed at 2400 miles
By airbearma on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

One of the biggest points on me buying the Escape was the "supposed" reliability of the Duratec 3.0 V6. I had this engine in my 96 Taurus for 175,000 trouble free miles. At 1400 miles, I changed oil and checked all fluids personally. At 2450 miles, I had an 1/8 inch oil slick in my antifreeze reservoir. Dealer is replacing the motor with a new one.

Ford Escape
By Jim Steinhilber on 03/17/02 07:03 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 11th car. I am more satisfied with this car than any other I have ever had. Enough said?

A Good Vechicle
By rebel204 on 03/16/02 22:08 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent performance, good handling, decent ride.

n/a
By escapee on 03/14/02 23:00 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best of both worlds!!! I drive mostly in the city, congestion, tight parking, etc... The Escape drives, and handles well, performs well too! Gas milage only about 18 (CITY) I did get 24 (HIGHWAY) ONE time! This vehicle has never been back for service, other than oil change, It is even better than the 2001, that I had, that was wrecked with 16K on it! My only complaints are small... I would like to see a lighted ignition switch, (It's hard to find at night) and I would like a little better ride, like the NEW Explorer! Definately the MOST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK SUV (in my opinion)

Driven from Florida
By Jim Bledsoe on 03/14/02 21:57 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Brand new car. Ran into a snowstorm all the way from Ky to Chicago. Saw at least 50 cars in ditches but not us. A great, stable car.

Starting Problems
By jewff on 03/11/02 21:24 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Escape. Great V6 power. Plenty of room inside. A joy to drive. With 2235 miles ours failed to start. After 20 minutes it starts right up. Technician was on road test and it stalled on him-started right back up. Brought it back to dealer to check computer - no codes and wouldnt restart. Fords Technical Department told them to install new fuel pump. No problems since. It runs stronger than ever now. We still love our Escape but we now wonder!

Love my Esacpe
By Gary Strickland on 03/11/02 00:57 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have 7000 miles on our 2002 Escape, and have enjoyed putting every mile on it. Love the height of the seats, and the firmness.

My Escape
By hutsonb on 03/10/02 00:26 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an Escape after owning a 1992 and a 2000 Explorer. Since Explorer increased it's size, I didn't need anything that big so I settled for the Escape. I did not know if I would like the front wheel drive but it was easy to get used to. As far as the ride, Interior size and comfort, and the engine performance, I am very satisfied.

Escape
By fox on 03/08/02 17:37 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Car drives great. Only complaints are the sound system with the cd and tape are not that great and the shifter is annoying. I could also use a light besides the dome light in the middle of the car. Acceleration, breaking, mileage are all very good at this price.

Great
By Jack Handy on 03/08/02 10:10 AM (PST)

Great Vehicle