2002 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
super
By speed on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is the best i have ever seen.

What a blast to drive!!!
By Kirk Bailey on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of so called "mini" Suv's but none as fun or powerful (with the V6) as I have with the Escape. My son and I go into the back country quite often to camp and fish, so I wanted something that didn't eat up gas and that would get us where we needed to go. The ride is car like so it doesn't beat you up getting to your favorite place yet has enough ground clearance for most off road adventures. I have had no problems with the mini brute but kinda wish it had been built on a frame. Overall, we love it and alot of people ask about it all the time.

1st time suv owner
By lc on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. I think they could have made the drivers seat a little more comfortable. It doesnt matter if I put the seat up higher, lower, forward, back, straight up, angled back I'm still not to comfortable !! The rear windshield wiper doesnt touch the glass. I've taken it in once for an oil change & told them that the rear wiper wasnt working properly. They said they fixed it & I got it back working worse than when I brought it in. Oh well, I never had a rear wiper before, so no big deal. runs smooth, handles great & looks cool !! I doubt that I will ever go back to a car again !!!

So Far So Good!
By Jtptampa on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. Afew details are pretty cheap. Runs good, decent gas mileage, fun to drive, bigger than it looks inside

Best Small SUV
By RYAN2525 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving many small to medium suv's I was compelled to purchase the Ford Escape. Everything from the styling to the ride was above par and beat out the competition. As a college student the escape makes the perfect vehicle to transport friends and luggage.

Great, fun car!
By dude27 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is an overall great. Nice standard features, exterior and interior styling, and performance make this a great SUV. Very peppy engine. It's also a real head-turner

ok
By salgama1021 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLS Value 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

its power is very good and handling

Ford Escape XLT
By tman7773 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't be happier with my Escape purchase. The Escape came along at the right time. It's an affordable alternative for someone who likes the idea of a full sized SUV, but can't yet easily afford one. The Escape is powerful, masculine, distinctive looking and priced just right. It handles like a car, but feels like a truck when your sitting in it.

Ford Escape is Great
By ltjohn on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

fantastic vehicle, very comfortable, the features of a full size SUV but in a compact package. Only bad feature is it is slightly top-heavy and thus prone to roll over if a sharp high speed turn is made. I have the full opion package with the leather seats and center console. Everything is really convenient. I will definitely buy another when the time comes

Better than my previous Jeep Cherokee
By cincinnati on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape SUV XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Escape is fun, designed well, quiet, comfortable and handles very well. I was a solid Jeep person for 30 years until I drove the Escape. Better gas mileage, more for your money with a corresponding lower price. I paid more for my last Jeep Cherokee four years ago than I paid for my Escape and the options on both are about the same. I got the 4X4 XLT model which comes standard with a lot of options. The only real option that was on the Escape was the Mach stereo system which has 300 watts, seven speakers, and a 6 CD changer. This thing rocks! And the way the weather has been lately, I may still get to try it in the snow!