2002 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
My Great Escape
By AKid@50 on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

An SUV that responds like a car. Had one for 10 mths with 10K miles. Only in the dealer once for a/c issue and a clunking sound. No problems eversince. Escape drives great, excellent 0 to 50mph, decent MPG. It's nimble and manuverable. Interior is roomy but "plasticky" but works for me with the kids. Exterior design is handsome and clean. Plastic body armor avoids dings. CRV's and RAV's are just too small and severely underpowered. My Escape is sometimes mistaken for an Explorer and that's fine with me.

Not bad but could be better
By chevycam on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Quality needs to be improved. I have 295 miles on it and have had to have a factory paint defect fixed. I had the known stalling problem at 133 miles. Not a great start

My Escape
By EAM on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLS Value 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this SUV. Fun to drive and no problems so far!

Detail Quality are poor
By slug90 on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All of the big things one buys a car for, engine, handling, comfort, reliablity are there! This car is fun. It has a peppy engine that takes me over a twisty mountain road 10 times a week. However.. There was no eye to detail. The rubber stoppers on the rear window fell out in weeks. The big rubber stopper on the driver door fell out a month later. The gromett that holds the seat belt buckle reachable by the driver broke within 3 months, the compartment holding the garage door opener broke at the same time. Whew thats a load. I thought you all might want to know. Ford didn't seem to care!

Fun Car
By irenvans on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great polyvalent car. Drives like a car and has the necessary uuumf when needed. I recommend greatly.

Nice handling suv
By MikeM on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for two months now, continue to be impressed with the handling of this unit. Drives very much like a car. Wind noise around the A pillar is a bit of a pain, and the front seats could be a little more grippy. No major manufacturing defects have surfaced. One piece of rubber door seal has been a bit loose around the headliner area, but that's about it. Having test drove the Honda CRV extensively, this unit compares very favorably, particularly when you go to accelerate or take long crusing road trips. Strongly recommend the power driver seat as an option. Interior layout is very well thought out.

Very Satisfied
By Deborah Hill on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLS Value 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. The only thing I could ask for would be more comfortable seats. Truly a great buy.

Outstanding
By Motcee on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's a great looking truck both inside and out. It is as comfortable as a car, handles like one and boy does it have some get up and go. This is my third suv. The other two were broncos. They handled like trucks but being an suv person, I liked them anyway. I thought I would miss the room in the broncos but the escape is perfect. I find myself thinking up errands to run just to drive it. I am more than satisfied with it.

Hard to find manual transmission SUV
By Midwesterner on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLS Value 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We looked long and hard for an SUV with a manual transmission. The 2002 Escape has met our expectations and then some. Easy and fun to drive.

super
By speed on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Choice 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is the best i have ever seen.