2002 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
A Real Trooper With Love
By Jenny on 02/23/10 11:12 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had it since 2002. Yes, I've had some major repairs. The engine went at 96K miles, so it cost us $7k to fix that. It cost me $4k to fix all 3 converters, and yes I had to pay to fix 3 of six coils. They said driving of fast accelerating and sudden stops could contributed to it, and we also drove it in England for 3 years, so that didn't help either. But it's always been there for us through the worse of times. Blizzards are no problem for me. I have better traction than most newer SUV's and trucks, including your MB's and Lexus. It does make squeaky sounds in the interior, but it's older. Not much you can do. With all the accidents, it's always gotten lesser damage and held up the most!

60k miles and a repair nightmare
By NoMoreFords on 11/11/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new and it ran great, then things started to happen. 10K - Lose molding on the roof. Rear wiper does not touch the window. 40K - 6-disc player stopped working. 50k - 3 coils out of 6 had to be replaced. Windows started squeaking when opening and closing. 65k - Replaced oil pan gasket due to leak, and then two month later the oil pan due to stripped plug. 70k Replaced all three catalytic converters (they were plugged up). 70k - Replaced leaky water pump. Replaced cracked alternator. I give up...

Incredible Buy
By ctownfan23 on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This truck with the 3.0 v6, and the 4x4 package is awesome. Treat yourself to the leather package, and no-boundaries package, I did.