2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
I love this thing!
By St Mari on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've put almost 13,000 miles on my Hybrid since getting it in March. It came loaded, with options I didn't need or want, but now that I have them, I can't imagine not having them.

Engine shuts down completely
By brices on 07/26/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had only 2,500 miles, weather conditions were hot, a/c was on, driving around town, lots of starting and stopping, gas engine would kick-in at times, and all of a sudden, the car just shuts down. Tracking light goes on, car dies, no power to nothing. Stranded. Had to sit for 30 minutes, tried it again, and worked, took to Haggerty Ford, found no error codes, nothing wrong, said maybe we blocked vents in back, there were not blocked, 1,500 miles later, same thing happened with same conditions, not, humid, a/c running, short trips around town, car completely dies out. Taking it to Ford dealer again, Has this happened to anybody out there. We've totally lost any confidence in this car.

Just what I was looking for.
By Keith W on 07/07/10 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid for two months. It has much better acceleration than our Honda civic Hybrid and much more room. I am getting 28-32 mpg around town and up to 34 mpg on the highway. I really like the fog lights at night even if there is no fog. It is easy to park and fits into our garage easily. It has a lot of cargo space with in or both back seats down. The seats are firm and adjustable. I get gas every two weeks whether I need it or not. Dual comfort zones are a plus.

Fun to drive, great mileage!
By Mari on 07/06/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

I am almost at 5,000 miles with my '10 Escape Hybrid. I love this truck! I'm averaging between 31.2 - 31.8 mpg so far. I love the Sirius radio, the back- up camera, the chrome, the comfort, the moonroof, the handling, the get-up and go, the leather, I love it all. I traded in a Tribeca Subaru for this. I wished I had done it sooner, but I saw this truck on the lot and was able to negotiate with the kind folks at the dealership. My son had purchased a regular Escape from them back in '05 and has enjoyed his truck and working with the same nice sales staff. This truck is fun to drive, looks sporty, carries more than you can imagine, and saves me $$$ on gas. What's NOT to like?

Loving my "Great Escape"
By TybeeNorthBeachGal on 05/24/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a brand new (proud) owner and so far am wowed by the car. I love driving and being up where I can see everything around me. I am thrilled with all the great toys from the sound system to Sync with hands free navigation and phone. I thought I would be overwhelmed by the technology but everything is easy to operate and intuitive. I am especially pleased with the gas mileage after "swapping" my inefficient German all-wheel drive for an American hybrid. The car is everything I hoped for and more.

Good Car
By BettyH on 05/19/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

This car is very nice. I live in the hilly pacific northwest and the AWD is flawless, making the ride fill easy. Exelnt Fuel Economy and the Parrel park assist just add to the list. I have rear ended people 4 cars last year and have yet to do any now with this tool.

I'm Loving this Hybrid!
By lanie on 04/27/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

I've had my 2010 Escape Hybrid for a month now, and I can not find anything wrong with it. I am getting 29.7 mpg city and hwy, which is wonderful! I bought a loaded truck off the lot, with Sirius, etc. I think it has everything it possibly can have on it. I'd researched various other hybrids and SUVs, but decided for the value to go with the Escape.My son has had a regular escape for 5 years w/ no problems, which helped make my decision a lot easier to make. Now we're both happy (altho he's been eyeing my hybrid alittle too closely...)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid
By Penny on 02/15/10 19:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had my Ford Escape Hybrid for two weeks but so far I absolutely love it. Incredibly fun to drive; excellent mileage; very good-looking SUV; not too big; Options are just great. I got Limited version with all upgrades. First SUV, first Ford, first Hybrid and I am very happy so far. Proud to own an American car that was clearly designed to provide great quality across the board.

Fully loaded hybrid
By charv on 01/30/10 16:12 PM (PST)

My first hybrid coming from a Nissan Titan. Very surprised by the seamless handoffs between Atkinson engine and electric motors surprising power and responsiveness. I was expecting a gutless vehicle you scoot around it but it has exactly enough power for highway, city driving. My loaded Limited has navigation system, auto park assist for parallel parking, remote start were my added features. The leather interior is comfortable and loving the heated seats and how fast the heater warms up. I don't have a problem with the brakes they're very good for me unlike the 2009 reports. Sync is outstanding bar none under rated how good it is.....way better than my Parrot mki9200 bluetooth.

Enjoying new Escape
By john on 01/19/10 08:55 AM (PST)

After owning '97 and '03 Explorer XLT's I downsized to an Escape and upgraded to a Limted with Nav and auto park. I'm happy with the choice. I do notice less cargo room, but I've adapted. AWD is like having the Explorers in 4WD high all the time. No slipping then gripping. Sync and Nav is still fun after a couple of months. Mileage has been great aroung 30mpg. I mostly do around town driving. The tires were filled with nitrogen. I don't know if the dealer did that or the factory.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*